Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
Tim

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by Tim »

Hi
I don’t know where to begin really - started motorcycling on a tiger cub at 17 and stupidly persisted with Brit iron until I was in my early 20s and dated a woman who I bamboozled into getting a motorcycle. She had lived in Italy for a couple of years prior to me meeting her and was a committed Italophile. Naturally she had to buy Italian so we looked at a few Ducati singles (almost bought a Sebring!). But lo and behold she settled on a brand new 350 strada. I’d never bought a new bike before - I was seriously impressed. Great bike but naturally I trashed it and we bought a second hand frame from Benjy Straw and I rebuilt it (I seem to recall it was test ridden in an all Italian issue of Superbike). From then I followed her example and went Italian - but with a succession of Guzzis!! Another 350 strada briefly came my way but I part exed it for another Guzzi…. Fast forward to A few years ago and I was watching the classic road racing at Chimay (worth a trip if you’ve not been before) and saw a 500 Sei parked up next to a tent. It looked so right and I realised I had to have one. Fast forward a bit more and I bought a Spanish import which has sat in my garage for two years while other things took precedence. Now I’m trying to revive it so will attempt to post a bit on this forum about how I’m getting on. I’m involved with the wiring at the moment in preparation for an SWF ignition upgrade.
Parla presto!
Tim
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

A lifetime of Brit and Italian bikes? You like suffering don't you?
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

Vitesse wrote: 13 Aug 2021 08:07 A lifetime of Brit and Italian bikes? You like suffering don't you?
There are a few of us who like living on the edge! lol
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
RobMc

Post by RobMc »

Hi,I've recently acquired an excalibur 350 which I'd swapped for a suzuki I'd been rebuilding but ran out of steam!Most of my previous bikes have been Japanese with the exception of a gilera cougar and a bsa b31.
I'm pleasantly surprised with the excalibur and love the sound of the aftermarket exhausts.I live in Birkenhead on the Wirral.Rob.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Welcome Rob,

I couldn’t tell you when I last saw an Excalibur turn up to a UK club event. Like most of the Cagiva era morinis (and I have both!) they are an acquired taste but underpinned by that fabulous engine we all love.

I’ve always wanted to take an Excalibur on the club’s trackday at Cadwell, just ‘because’

Anyway, look forward to meeting you and the bike sometime- we are still taking bookings for our rally and AGM weekend at westbury on Severn 10-12 September if you are interested

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/rally2021/index.html

Tom
Ming

Post by Ming »

Welcome Rob. Nice that someone admits to liking the Excalibur! Many see them as ugly (and even I wouldn't call them beautiful), but I've always been drawn to them - though not found a suitable one. From what I have read even their critics admit that they are comfortable and handle well. Have fun.
RobMc

Post by RobMc »

Thanks Tom and Ming,I'll hopefully make it to a club meeting in the future.