Is there any way we can post photo's in in post???

Let me know what you think of the site and forum.
Splodge

Is there any way we can post photo's in in post???

Post by Splodge »

As they say, a picture's worth etc,etc, it would be great if everybody could put up pictures.
I think this might encourage more technical discussions, ride reports and general banter.
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Splodge

You already can, the picture you want to use must be accessible on the internet. This is best acheived either by linking to images you have on a website or by using a service like photobucket, goto http://photobucket.com for more info. Below is a picture of my morini stored in my photobucket album, all I did to get it on this post was to cut the IMG link from the photobucket site and paste it directly to this post:-

You can manually add the IMG tags but sites like photobucket already provide these.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
Splodge

Post by Splodge »

Thanks for that. I'll get an account and figure it out.
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

If you get really stuck, you can always send the photos to webmaestro@morini-riders-club.com and I can insert them into your posts :twisted:
ringer

Post by ringer »

A step-by-step guide on how to upload photos to Photobucket and how to link to them in your posts.

This may sound complicated, but do it once and thereafter it is straightforward.

Go to www.photobucket.com
Register with them - it is very quick, you just need to get a confirmation email. Can then be used straight away.
Try to ignore all the distracting adverts - look for a reference to 'Upload Images and Video' and click on the button 'CHOOSE FILES'
Locate your photo using the (hopefully familiar) file browser
When your photo is uploaded (I find it very quick - approx 15 seconds per photo) then hover over the photo in Photobucket and underneath it you will see various codes. You need the 'IMG code'
Click once in the IMG code box to select the code (it should turn blue to show it is selected) and right-click COPY (or press Ctrl+C)
You now have the correct code to link to your photobucket photo from the MRC forum.

Go to the MRC website and start a new post (or reply, or edit an existing one) and at the appropriate place right-click PASTE (or Ctrl+V)
This will place the code in your thread. It should look like this:

[IMG]http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l379 ... ini500.jpg[/IMG]

Use the preview option on the thread to see your post with picture before you submit it.

Notes:

You may need to resize the photo - this can be easily done on the photobucket website. Go to the photo, and click on the word 'Edit' that appears above it. Then click on the 'Resize' icon.

If you want to use a photo as your avatar (the picture that appears under you user name in all your posts) then you will need to resize it to approx 80 x 60

If you plan to upload a lot of photos, I suggest that you create folders in Photobucket to organise them.

Just remember that if you link to a file, then move it in Photobucket, you will need to update the original link to point to the new location.
Nick - 1979 500 Strada
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Thanks for that Nick.
Nice and clear and saved me typing up some instructions :D .
alan j

Re: Is there any way we can post photo's in in post???

Post by alan j »

Steve, looks all too difficult to my "luddite" brain!-I did send "Me Morini bithday picture last week, no sign of it ? did you receive it? Alan J, confused of Daventry!
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Re: Is there any way we can post photo's in in post???

Post by SteveMRC »

Alan, I did get the photo but you didn't say you wanted it posting on the forum :roll:

I use it as the desktop on my laptop. Think I've seen these on ebay? If not where can I get one?

When I get a minute I will upload it for you

Here you go