strada mirrors

Anything to do with motorcyles
stuartgurney

strada mirrors

Post by stuartgurney »

Hi
I have a almost original strada. 1985
Simple question - the mirrors on the ends of the storks are moving about - there is a shroud around I assume a nut? as the rubber is old, has it hardened so I cant get it off? could I just warm it up? |Same applies to a broken mirror
thanks
Stuart
mbmm350s

Re: strada mirrors

Post by mbmm350s »

Hello Stuart,

Not quite sure which model you have*, or which mirrors -but there is a nut beneath a shroud on some I have,
the shroud would slide along the stem, if its rock hard, relax, make a cup of tea and with the excess hot water soak some rag
and wrap it round, may be it will soften it enough to shift it. M10x1.25 RH thread mirrors are readily available.

*350 strada ceased production in 1983 being replaced by K2

Cheers
Mark
stuartgurney

Post by stuartgurney »

Thanks Mark

My strada was imported from Italy I think, so confused by the dates
I need to check serial numbers.
Good news it it v good nick ' very little rust anywhere- all original and runs beautifully
I have had to move from my favourite old BSA 500 as too heavy. I am old and have a serious health problem
So the 350 is perfect. Light, nimble, enough power starts on the button after a big starter motor clean up.

You would think there wasnt anything to complain about!

I find the 6 gears too many around the lanes here in Dorset- and I dont always know which one in in!!
stuartgurney

Post by stuartgurney »

Thanks Mark

My strada was imported from Italy I think, so confused by the dates
I need to check serial numbers.
Good news it it v good nick ' very little rust anywhere- all original and runs beautifully
I have had to move from my favourite old BSA 500 as too heavy. I am old and have a serious health problem
So the 350 is perfect. Light, nimble, enough power starts on the button after a big starter motor clean up.

You would think there wasnt anything to complain about!

I find the 6 gears too many around the lanes here in Dorset- and I dont always know which one in in!!
stuartgurney

Post by stuartgurney »

Finally sawed off the top 5mm of shroud to discover that it had an all encompassing socket surrounding the ball projecting from the mirror. So smashed out the broken mirror and inside is a spring and nylock nut. No idea how you could adjust it without removing the glass.
Ordered new mirrors!