501 Excalibur on ebay

Excaliburs, New Yorks
Steve Brown

501 Excalibur on ebay

Post by Steve Brown »

Last night there was a 501 Excalibur on ebay for £150! I was too late bidding and it's now listed as sold. Who bought it then?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
julianharty

Re: 501 Excalibur on ebay

Post by julianharty »

Not me, sadly. I've been in contact with the seller who replied promptly. Apparently the buyer mainly wants the engine so I've asked the seller to let the buyer know I might have a home for some of the spares (and to let me know if the sale falls through).

Someone's getting an amazing deal!

Oh, and of course it'll be worth them joining the MRC if they're not already a member.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

I confess that the engine was what I was really after. Hey ho.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
nickst4

Post by nickst4 »

I had to look that one up, and must say it was the ugliest bike of it's type I've ever seen! The Ducati Indiana was quite tasty in comparison.

Nick
Bruce3500

Post by Bruce3500 »

Hi Guys, Sorry but it was me who purchased it after sending a couple of messages, I wanted the engine so if i can get it running i am going to remove and put into my 500 sport which has a worn out bottom end , i am picking it up Saturday so we will have to wait and see. Needless to say when i have what i need the rest will be up for sale. I know he does not have a log book but for the price could not say no.
Safe riding all, Bruce.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Bruce,
good for you, and I hope you manage to get the engine working so you can use it. I'd be particularly interested in the left hand casing complete with the starter motor if you decide not to use that, and I'll should be able to provide a standard casing - my 501 engined 350 K1 has the older clutch casing, etc.

And once you've worked out what you want from the bike do let me know as I'm resurrecting a New York and many of the parts are sufficiently similar to be useful.

All the best

Julian
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Blimey how did that happen? I must be blind.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

3potjohn wrote: 23 Apr 2021 16:48 Blimey how did that happen? I must be blind.
Hidden away on the parts section. Someone must have a very specific search set up!!