Excalibur Dip Stick - Bent

Excaliburs, New Yorks
SoloFrenos

Excalibur Dip Stick - Bent

Post by SoloFrenos »

Hi everyone i wondered if anyone can tell me is the dipstick on a 350 Excalibur should be bent? Mine has a rather nice curve in it,but my Sport's is straight. Is this correct for the later motors or has it some how been bent?

Many thanks, Tony
morini_tom

Re: Excalibur Dip Stick - Bent

Post by morini_tom »

Dipstick on the dart was curved to clear the frame. It's pretty fiddly trying to get a straight one out.

Possible that they used the same for the late excaliburs to simplify production, or maybe the curve is also needed on Excalibur to clear the rear exhaust pipe?

Safest way to know for sure if it is correct is to add the correct, measured amount of oil at the next oil change and see where it comes to on the dipstick.

With the curved dipstick Make sure you leave the dipstick oriented in the correct direction. There is a sticker on the dart chain guide to remind you. It should be so that the dipstick handle points to the outside. Not sure if dipstick/gear contact is possible otherwise but the label must have been there for a reason.
SoloFrenos

Post by SoloFrenos »

Thanks for the info, that sounds exactly like the dipstick i have. I'll fill it correctly and check just to be on safe side. And thanks for tip on direction of dipstick.
Cheers
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

The dip stick is bent to clear the exhaust. The manual says to orientate the dipstick to avoid contact in the gearbox.