wiring diagram kokusan equipped excalibur

Excaliburs, New Yorks
bob.fuller

wiring diagram kokusan equipped excalibur

Post by bob.fuller »

Hi, I wonder if anyone has a wiring diagram for the Excalibur 501 with kokusan ignition that could be made available? I am putting the 501 excalibur engine into a 350 frame and the original wiring diagram would help sorting out the electrics, thanks,. Bob.
morini_tom

Re: wiring diagram kokusan equipped excalibur

Post by morini_tom »

Hi Bob,

In the members area of the club website you will find a Dart wiring diagram. Just go to http://www.morini-riders-club.com/theclub/membarea.html and click on 'Technical' After entering your MRC membership details you will be able to download a series of wiring diagrams.

The factory customs wiring diagrams aren't on there yet but for your needs the dart wiring diagram will be sufficient as the kokusan kit is the same on the dart and customs (same between 350 and 501 even), the only differences being in instrument cluster and lights etc, but these will be different for you anyway if you're grafting into a 350 frame- excellent idea by the way :)

I made a complete new loom for my dart a couple of years ago. I managed to find a supplier of the original Molex connectors and pins as used on the kokusan Morinis, which may be of interest to you if you intend on keeping the kokusan ignition system with standard connectors. Swallow amusement machines of all places- I knew Morinis were entertaining and sometimes a gamble but never thought they'd share parts with slot machines!! A complete set of connectors and pins to do a whole wiring loom was about £17 delivered- Bargain! You need the Molex 0.093" ones. Swallow's website is here: http://www.coin.demon.co.uk/conectrs.htm#5

Of course you may want to use something a bit more waterproof than the molex plugs as your 350 won't have the same weather protection as the dart, in which case AMP supaseal connectors would be the way to go.

Good luck and keep us updated. Perhaps even an article for the club mag??

Tom