Jacks Hill Cafe near Towcester

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
ringer

Jacks Hill Cafe near Towcester

Post by ringer »

Now the weathers getting better it's time to get out and about on a Sunday morning on your Morini and blow the cobwebs away.

There's a place near me called Jacks Hill Cafe. A typical old-style transport cafe. It is a regular meeting place for bikers from all over the place. This weekend there were about 100 bikes, modern, classic, all sorts.

Location is on the A5 just north of Towcester. Journey time is approx one hour from Watford, Leicester or Birmingham. And the A5 is a decent road for a weekend blast. Look on google maps for Towcester, then trace the A5 north, about half a mile past the junction A5/A43. Change to satellite image and you will see a building surrounded by trees on the left (heading north). Coming south on the A5, it's on the right about 1.5 miles after the village of Fosters Booth.

Would love to meet up with other Morinis (and their riders!) on a Sunday morning/lunchtime. PM me and we'll arrange to meet.
Nick - 1979 500 Strada
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Nick, yes I know about Jack's Hill. I live closer to it than you think! Trouble is I work Sundays, so could only make Sats, or Thurs/Fri.
Yes, my bike is on the road as in it's taxed and tested, but now stripped to bare frame to weld stuff back on and allow a repair to the stand. I got 5 other bikes though! Some even run and are road legal too, so let me know if anything does get arranged. They started a cafe racer/ton up boys reunion meet this year as well. Just right for Alan Jennings I reckon :wink:
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Nick

I am up for a meet up at Jacks Hill cafe ( used to go past it when dropping my son to his training at Daventry), not this Sunday as on mothers day duties. Let me know when you next plan to go over there. Currently fixing my morini after a runaway car in the works car park ran over my Morini!!!, new levers and mirrors fitted and just received replacement handlebar screen/fairing.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
ringer

Post by ringer »

This Sunday 19th April 2009 at Jack's Hill Cafe.
The Riders Digest magazine is doing a promotion from 10am-3pm
http://www.theridersdigest.co.uk/newsle ... 9_web.html
The weather is forecast as being sunny.
I imagine there will be a lot of bikes there that morning.
I have arranged to meet some friends there at 10:30am, but I'll be the only Morini rider. If anyone else wants to come along, look out for my 500 and I'll be nearby. If you want my phone number to make more detailed arrangements, send me a PM.
Hope to see at least one other Morini there!
Nick - 1979 500 Strada