This Saturday-Lunch in The midlands

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Steve Brown

This Saturday-Lunch in The midlands

Post by Steve Brown »

It is short notice I know-for that I apologise. I democratically, all by myself decided to try a lunchtime weekend meet for the winter months, for our Warwickshire section. I picked the Wharf Inn at Welford. NN6 6JQ. It's very close to the A14 and there are plenty of nice non-motorway/main road routes to get there.
I didn't just pick it because it's close to me (but it is) but because I knew it was a popular venue for another owners club where good food and drink in a nice atmosphere can be had. We tend not to know further away places.
So, please come along if you can. This Saturday 16th December 2023 and see what you think. If you have other places in mind come and tell us! I'm not trying to be lazy and just suit me!
I tested the food and drink there yesterday and it passed with flying colours. A popular pub even on a drizzly cold December midweek!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
morini_tom

Re: This Saturday-Lunch in The midlands

Post by morini_tom »

See you there.

1pm if anyone’s wondering :)
Steve Brown

Re: This Saturday-Lunch in The midlands

Post by Steve Brown »

And so it came to pass. Three MRC members did meet at the Wharf Inn, Welford. It is now decreed that this shall be our winter daytime meeting place. Try to keep lunchtime (1pm) the 2nd Saturday of the month free for a nice ride out and an informal social gathering. Until the evenings are less dark again and we return to C&N.
Thanks to Alan Jennings and Tom Farrow for helping to check out the venue.
6 real ales on draught! Decent coffee and the food is very popular there too.
Pleasant countryside so easy to plot a nice route there and back!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.