October Stafford

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
butchamphib

October Stafford

Post by butchamphib »

Please come and say hello at Stafford 14/15th October, we are on the balcony in the main hall. we can be quite busy so do bare with me but a brew and biscuits always available.
We have 10 bikes with a few new faces not seen at Stafford before.
Fish_repairer

Re: October Stafford

Post by Fish_repairer »

I attended the classic bike show today and visited the Morini stand.
I was instantly reminded why I am no longer a member of the Morini riders club.

The stand is set up in such a way as to ensure the "click" inside the barrier of bikes does not have to interact with enthusiasts of the brand.
A perfect way to have a presence at the show but with no interest of welcoming people to the site.

What is sad to read In the posts about club events is a lack of take up in some areas regarding members turning up. I wonder why that could be.

I have always been proud of owning a Moto Morini and today I have never been more ashamed to be associated with other owners.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

You clearly felt that the club failed you when you visited the club stand at the weekend.
Whilst I was not there at the weekend I can assure you from past experience that the club goes out of their way to welcome all visitors to the stand. Yes there is, as with any club, a small minority that go the extra mile to make the club work, indeed without these volunteers the club would not exist. Is this their fault, I think not, they would welcome all members to be active and involved in the clubs events. Offer your time and you will truly enjoy the experience of Morini ownerships.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Thanks for your kind words Paul. Sadly the complainant (aka whinger) is no longer member so even less chance of him or her putting some big boy/girl pants on and meeting us to tell us where we are going wrong. Personally, I can confirm we had a busy weekend and talked ourselves hoarse to stand visitors (not each other) I don't recall any of those visitors leaving without a smile and/or a handshake. The fish fondler clearly has issues and grudges he or she is not able to deal with constructively. A sad future for them I think, but as they won't come and talk to us in person I guess I'll never know.
The stand layout is dictated by Mortons really, they allocate space according to how many bikes we book. Some clubs book for say 20 bikes but only turn up with 10 or 15. That way they get to separate the bikes nicely for inspection. Maybe we should start breaking the organisers rules? So far we've just been too polite, obedient and friendly! Maybe that is what Fish Botherer doesn't like?
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.