Shelsey Walsh Bike Bonanza

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
72degrees

Shelsey Walsh Bike Bonanza

Post by 72degrees »

On Saturday 1st July the entry at Shelsley Walsh speed hill climb will be an all bike one. The first for 118 years.

No Morinis competing but I shall take a bimble over on the 2C/375 to point and laugh. The engine currently in that got up the hill four times in 2008. Very slowly, getting slowest time of day at 42.6 seconds. The Forgotten Error Mk1 wasn't going very well that day. By contrast my Voxan 100 Roadster (the French Tart) got in to the 36's and a 98mph finish.

A large entry. Mostly modern machines but a few classics. The top ten types will be going through the finish speed trap at 100+

https://www.shelsleywalsh.com/events-1/ ... nanza-2023
MickeyMoto

Re: Shelsey Walsh Bike Bonanza

Post by MickeyMoto »

There was something about the place in Berk magazine this month. I rode the hill few years ago on a Laverda. It was truly frightening. Falling off is not an option!

Most spectacular to watch in a lovely part of the country.
mikebbikes

Post by mikebbikes »

Its on my bucket list.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

mikebbikes wrote: 02 Jul 2023 08:28 Its on my bucket list.
The NHCA offered a Give It A Go entry for this event. There was even a Honda 125 step-through. £100 entry fee though for 3 practice and two timed runs. It was a great success. Loads of spectators so almost certainly will be run again next year. I would have taken part,but at my advanced age I can't have a day ACU licence.

If you do it on a Corsaro you should crack 100 through the finish with ease. The esses can bite though. A few 'offs' there yesterday.