Scottish Bike Show - 14/15 March 2009

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
corsaro chris

Scottish Bike Show - 14/15 March 2009

Post by corsaro chris »

Attention all Scottish Morini riders (and their fans)!

We (the MRC) are hoping to arrange a stand at this excellent show next Spring. As with all things Scottish it is good value (modern and classic bikes in one place - what a good idea!).

But we need to know if there are at least some Morini riders out there who would be prepared to help! We already have a couple of willing volunteers, but several more would be even better. Another bike or two would also be good, to mix it with a brace of 250s...

Post a reply on the Forum, send a PM to me, or contact chairman Jem :)

Look forward to hearing from you!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
dougi

Post by dougi »

i like the idea of being a volunteer at that show :D i can even donate my 3-1/2 for the club stand :)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Four bikes now positively identified as being available for this show - together with a promise of help from a Scottish dealer and 3X, the UK importer!

More information will be posted in the MRC magazine, ATG, early in the New Year. If you want to have your bike on the club stand, please contact either Chairman Jem or Corsaro Chris.

Look forward to hearing from you :)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Well;

The Scottish Show was a gas, and a fuller report will be in the club mag., ATG. :wink:

Thanks to all the guys and girls that helped, either by bringing bikes, buying stuff, or just coming along and chatting to us enthusiasts on the floor. And an especially big help to Paula and Doug who organised the whole Classic section of the show - without them it just wouldn't have been such fun!

We had five bikes, ranging from a 1960s Settebello through air cooled Vs of 250 and 350 capacities to a 1991 Dart - so the show goers had lots to see. We also had the cutaway engine, and gave out engineering lessons to all the lads who would listen. A real bonus, that, and it also prompted an offer to purchase (oil leaks guaranteed). We'll pass that on to AWF! :lol:

I thought it one of the best shows I've attended (but then I don't get out much) and we'll definitely be up for a repeat next year. So - who's got bikes that we can show, and are there any volunteers to man the stand?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"