ABR Festival 24 to 26 June 2022 - free 'concours' competition

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
julianharty

ABR Festival 24 to 26 June 2022 - free 'concours' competition

Post by julianharty »

There's a weekend festival for Adventure Bike Riders in the grounds of a stately home in England. Several of us went in 2021 and enjoyed ourselves as they have a variety of facilities and events during the weekend including free taster training sessions, test rides on lots of different brands' bikes (e.g. Yamaha, Benelli, Royal Enfield, Honda, and several more), and an extended off road circuit in the grounds of the home.

The organisers have launched a 'concours' competition (which is not as narrow as it might first appear) and they have encouraged the MRC to submit entries and Camels, Kanguros, and Coguaros are clearly within the scope of what they're keen to include in the competition. Those accepted receive a free entry ticket to the weekend's festival.

The details of the competition are publicly online https://www.abrfestival.com/news/enter- ... -concours/. You're welcome to enter directly, if so do please mention the Morini Riders Club so they know you're part of the club (you are aren't you? and if not you're welcome to join), and/or contact me and I'll introduce you to them so there's a clear connection with the MRC. My Kanguro X has been accepted into the competition and those who know me and the bike will know it's more ridden than polished! I hope to see you there.

Julian Harty
julianharty

Re: ABR Festival 24 to 26 June 2022 - free 'concours' competition

Post by julianharty »

They've issued a discount code MMR5 for those who'd like to book a ticket directly. This is valid until the end of April 2022.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I see Morini are on the list of test ride bikes.

https://www.abrfestival.com/test-rides/
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

MickeyMoto wrote: 12 Apr 2022 17:07 I see Morini are on the list of test ride bikes.

https://www.abrfestival.com/test-rides/
That makes the experience even better. Bring your driving licence...
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

It will be fun riding the ZZ around the 20km trail route! Wonder how it would handle the endure course?
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

This event really is worth doing-for anyone thinking it's just for Charlie and Ewen wannabees on their Heinkels and Dorniers with alloy warehouses bolted on the sides, well it isn't! It's for you if you like seeing as bit of the world by bike.
All sorts of bikes will be there. It's about travelling by bike and encompasses road riding and/or trail riding. You will see all sorts out on the private trail routes as well. That's all sorts of bikes and riders, it's hilarious for all concerned and great for building confidence. As Julian says elsewhere you can get some free basic training on site and also book courses with providers there.
Food and drink facilities as well as the shower and toilet provisions are of a much higher standard than your average 'biker' do or festival. You can camp, wild camp, van or motorhome it on site too. Or if you're Julian you can have the full RAF experience and book a comfortable hotel with a well stocked bar nearby.
It will be busy and there will be some queues that's for sure. On the other hand if it was just rubbish there wouldn't be a queue and you'd be straight to the front and able to start complaining right away. It's popular and with good reason too.

The absolute best bit is this offer of adding your Morini to the VMCC concours display and then getting a weekend ticket for FREE!
Don't be put off by the 'concours' label either-a well presented working bike is what is needed in this world. I would enter my Camel in it's current used/stained/scratched/dented and barely washed state. The only fly in that ointment is that they picked the wrong date for me-I'm committed elsewhere. (I'll leave that jibe opportunity there for you :wink: )
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Steve Brown wrote: 13 Apr 2022 11:49 You can camp, wild camp, van or motorhome it on site too. Or if you're Julian you can have the full RAF experience and book a comfortable hotel with a well stocked bar nearby.
Shame the base accommodation that the poor people live in needs an update. Grrrrrr. Apparently our 2% buys a fantastic military, shame it doesn't buy respect for those that serve. Wild camping and defecating in the woods would be a step up.