2021 AGM and Rally weekend

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Steve Brown

Re: 2021 AGM and Rally weekend

Post by Steve Brown »

MickeyMoto wrote: 09 Sep 2021 08:55 Decisions, decisions... Milano or K1?
If 3potJohn is right a coracle might be a better bet.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

3potjohn wrote: 09 Sep 2021 08:19 . . . not the boar who will be keen to rush out and congratulate you for choosing such an excellent motorcycle.
The wild pigs are very discerning round there?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Never mind the Forest of Dean boar, its a different type of bore that worries me. I'll leave my bike covered over the weekend and I'll bring my wellies.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

K1, obviously. Would be nice to see a few in the same place :)

On the other hand, Milano, obviously. Would be nice to see a few in the same place.

D’oh!
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Unfortunately, I have had to choose early!
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Thank you to everyone who arranged this weekend. I enjoyed meeting old and new friends, and particularly meeting Soren from Denmark was one of my highlights to learn how he and Morinis have a symbiotic positive relationship (he improves them, they improve him).

My newly rebuilt Kanguro X0 coped with the roughly 280 km round trip. (They're great bikes BTW; even if I wish the drum brakes were much more effective, a topic of a separate thread since I understand they can be improved far beyond the current performance of mine).
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Yes, it was a good weekend. A very good site for a bike meet. It actually felt 'normal'.

Good to see lots of people not seen for a while. Autumn definitely arrived yesterday morning.

Julian, glad you got home with no issues. To improve the front brake, buy a Coguaro!
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Mike,
I do have plans to try a Coguaro front end even if it's likely to devalue my Kanguro. The main challenge I'd have with that plan is the fork stanchions need rechroming and they're a golden colour similar to the wheel rims, so that might be expensive to replicate/recreate.

PS thank you for your hospitality. On my way home the A40 was closed by Police dealing with an incident for about 6 miles, however I accidentally discovered by following my front wheel on small country lanes that I crossed the A40 in the closed section and then found another country lane that took me safely past the other end of the road closure. I even got to ride through a ford, and even though it wasn't very deep having the Kanguro felt right in terms of crossing through the ford...

All the best

Julian