Track day Cadwell 2021

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
morini_tom

Re: Track day Cadwell 2021

Post by morini_tom »

All participants with a place should have received an email with the latest details yesterday, copied below for info. PLEASE READ FULLY AS THE PROCESS IS A BIT DIFFERENT THIS YEAR.

NO SPECTATORS will be admitted to Cadwell for the 2021 trackday due to ongoing COVID restrictions.

This is unfortunate but beyond our control and mandated by MSV. Please do not turn up on the day hoping to get in. Cadwell well be checking a list of participants at the gate

Update and Instructions for 2021 participants. Please read carefully!

For those of you who are regulars, the way things operate this year will be slightly different because of COVID-19. We just have to adapt to the new way of working if we want to continue to exercise our bikes with vigour!

Key differences to our normal operations are:

Before arriving:

1. COVID-19 Symptoms Do not attend if you are showing any signs of COVID-19. If you are not sure what these are, go to the NHS website for the latest information.
2. Online Safety Briefing by MSV (Circuit owners). You MUST use this link to access the briefing within 24 hrs of the trackday: https://cadwell-v1.msv.com/CheckIn/03f2 ... 1b995dd8d6If you don't have an MSV account already, don't worry, just ''continue without logging in''
3. Camping. Camping at the circuit the night before is permitted but note there is a Car Trackday/evening on until 8pm. You will not get into the circuit until 8:30pm.
4. Essential Helper. Trackday entrants are allowed ONE essential helper on the day, but only one. If they are travelling separately, they will need to the name of who they are helping, as the names of participants will be held at the gate, and ticked off as they enter.
5. NO Spectators. Just as it says– will NOT get access, so please tell your friends who may turn up.
6. COVID Measures. Please read and comply with the MSV guidelines sent to trackday participants by email. Ensure you have your own masks and sanitiser
7. You must BRING WITH YOU your FULL DVLA, ACU or EEC equivalent Full driving licence. Sadly no A2 Restricted Licences.No license, no tracktime

At the circuit:

Bikes 1. All light glasses/plastics must be taped over
2. Mirrors must be taped over or removed
3. Centre stands must to be wired in the up position
4. Control levers must have ball ends and be complete
5. Machines must be clean to assist scrutiny
6. There is a noise limit of 105db at Cadwell Park that will be enforced by Cadwell staff prior to scrutineering.
7. NEW for 2021 on all MSV Circuits including Cadwell, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that Front Brake Lever Guards should be fitted.

Clothing

Riders clothing must comply with the following:
1. Helmets must be Full Face and comply with current ACU/FIM Standards. (ACU Gold Stamp). No Open Face or Flip Face Helmets
2. Leather boots and gloves in good condition must be worn.
3 Clothing must be sound and may be either:
One-piece racing or touring leathers; or
Separate leather jackets and leather trousers, providing they are fully zipped together
4. We recommend that additional back protection is worn under your leathers.

Timings

0730 Noise testing followed by scrutineering
0800 Signing on
0900 Track open for first session

Track Running Order will be:

Morini Group Red
Intermediates White
Fast Yellow

Please do not go to the front of the queue for noise testing if you are in one of the later groups- there is time to get everyone through.

Sessions will be 20 minutes each in repeating order– listen out for tannoy announcements. Your first session will start with 3 sighting laps behind marshals, before continuing at your own pace.

Have an enjoyable day, and remember on track that it's a fun day out
Bruce3500

Post by Bruce3500 »

Hi, just to ask, do we know if they will have there fuel pumps open on the day ? ( i know they do at race meetings),
I believe food will be available on a takeaway service going by MSV website,
See you there Bruce.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Bruce,
pre- Covid-19 restrictions the onsite fuel pump opened a couple of times during the day for an hour or two. As you might expect it's more expensive (and I think higher quality) petrol than services stations, etc. sell.

I'd assume they'll sell fuel on the day to keep the wheels turning and stop people jerry-rigging their own alternative ways of refueling that might otherwise happen. Of course, someone may *know* the answer for this year's track day. If so, trust their answer more than mine. I simply refuel somewhere close by on route to the day and ride gently around the circuit :)
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Hi all,

Further to the previous update, a few more answers to some common questions:

1) will the fuel station be open? (Yes- it’s due to be open 3 times during the day in 1 hour blocks)
2) will the cafe be open? (Yes- for takeaway only)
3)do I need any paperwork/proof of entry/payment? (Only your driving license. You will have completed the registration online and we have passed a list of all who have paid to Cadwell)
4) how do I get in? (Cadwell staff will have a list of all participants so you just need to give them your name and driving licence if asked)
5) how does my ONE essential helper get in If they are not travelling with me? (They will need to give your name. If more than one essential helper turns up per rider they will get turned away)
6) can I come to spectate? (No, unfortunately this is not permitted due to COVID restrictions)

If you have any more questions or uncertainties please get in touch, although please remember we are volunteers. Also, Tuesday is too late to be asking anything as we’ll likely already be Cadwell bound!

And Don’t forget your driving license!!!

Looking forward to seeing you there,
Tom
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Well, another excellent MRC trackday has been and gone. I forgot to make a point of thanking those who made this possible and did all the work that we took advantage of! And I had plenty of opportunity as I saw all of them today, but I was too wrapped up in having fun!

So, a great big thanks from me to you all!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Yes, I agree 100%. It was a good day despite the rain. The Morini group did a superb job of drying the track for the other groups, no need to thank us!

A great mix of bikes, too. Great fun watching the 31/2s being ridden in the fast group. Moment of the day for me was watching the Scrambler almost vertical coming off the mountain.

Anyway, the Milano is now officially run in!
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Yes, thanks to everybody who came and to those who helped make it happen. A great day despite the rain, and nice to see some familiar faces again.

There was an official photographer trackside, and photos are available from his website:

https://tracksnapz.zenfolio.com/30th_j ... DXOSkzvZYk