Track day Cadwell 2021

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
morini_tom

Track day Cadwell 2021

Post by morini_tom »

The entry form for 2021 track day at Cadwell park is now open.

Remember, you need to register your interest ASAP and then you will be informed in early March as to whether you have a place and at that point you will be given payment instructions.

As always there is a discount for those paying early and an extra discount for MRC members who joined before the 1st January.

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/cadwell/index.html
72degrees

Re: Track day Cadwell 2021

Post by 72degrees »

Do we know if MSV are going to require front brake lever guards for the MRC day?

https://help.trackdays.co.uk/hc/en-gb/a ... 21-onwards

Raised on the VMCC Forum as they are having a track day at Cadwell this year.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

They have told us they will be strongly advising them but not enforcing them for our trackday.

However, it’s probably safe to assume that their position could change, if not this year then maybe next.

My advice would be to have something in the toolbox as a backup just in case.

We will seek to re-confirm the status with MSV shortly before trackday so that nobody gets any nasty surprises.

The only reason to have a brake guard on a morini is to stop you using the brakes at all. Everyone knows the fastest way round Cadwell on a morini is: ATuttoGas :)
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Thanks Tom.

The VMCC 75th Anniversary bash sounds as if it will be more like the old Festival of 1000 bikes but without the big names and the rest of the hoohah.

More parade based with marshals than 'sessions' perhaps. No doubt BHR (who are organising it) will seek clarification from MSV. The thought of putting a front lever guard on a properly vintage bike with 'inverted lever' might put a few prospective participants off.

"Brakes? They only slow you down!"
Stempy

Post by Stempy »

Hoping to get to cadwell, just down the road for me , what time do you guys normally finish ?
Have a chance to meet dsome of you guys face to face
Cheers
Stempy
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Will there be camping available for the event this year? I've looked in ATG and on the website and forum and can see no mention of it. Have I missed anything? Thanks.

With the current heat wave, I do hope June is a tad cooler. Maybe we need to run our old clunkers to warm up the earth...
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Stempy,
I think the track sessions tend to finish around 5pm give or take an hour. Some leave early, others stay on for a while or even overnight in the area. You've be most welcome. I'd encourage you to arrive no later than mid-afternoon so you can watch at least one session of Morini riders wizzing around the track.
pedro

Post by pedro »

As Julian says, some of us pack in by mid afternoon, I have two bikes there and am out in a lot of sessions, as soon as I start feeling tired, I pack it in as I know that is when mistakes are made.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Cadwell preparations continue...

Oil leak testing next...
Attachments
IMG_20210521_143424__1621611196_86.174.71.221.jpg
IMG_20210521_143424__1621611196_86.174.71.221.jpg (16.94 KiB) Viewed 7789 times
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Camping at Cadwell? We are still to confirm with MSV but anticipate the usual night before being available at the circuit, we are still investigating alternatives and they will be published in ATG with updates here as soon as we confirm.
morini_tom

Spectators update: Track day Cadwell 2021

Post by morini_tom »

The current situation dictated by Cadwell Park is that there are to be no spectators at any MSV trackday due to COVID restrictions, so as it stands, whilst the Trackday is still very much all systems go for participants, we cannot unfortunately invite spectators at this time, which is a shame but out of our control.

If, on June 21st restrictions are lifted then it may be possible that Cadwell will change their position, and in that case we would very much welcome spectators to the paddock as usual, however we will need to wait until after that point in time and for Cadwell to decide if they will change their current rules.

Please keep an eye on this forum topicwhere we will post updates as we get closer to the time and we know more.

If we are able to welcome spectators then normally we do not issue tickets so there would in normal years be no need to book a spectator’s place, however due to the uncertainty with COVID, it may be that we are required to ticket spectators if they are allowed, and if that is the case then again, all info will be posted on the forum as we know it.

A few people have questioned why the decision for no spectators when it is an outside event, and the reason MSV have given us is that for organised outdoor sporting events such as football matches and championship race days spectators pay an entry fee which enables the track to put on additional staff to ensure social distancing compliance and appropriate levels of sanitisation etc. It also gives the track a list of attendees for contact tracing purposes. Because we are a small private trackday this additional staffing is not possible for Cadwell.
morini_tom

Camping update: Track day Cadwell 2021

Post by morini_tom »

Current situation and to be honest unlikely to change before our trackday is that Cadwell will allow overnight camping the night before only, for participants only at the circuit.

We will of course update you with information here as and when we know more.

We have spoken to the Three Horseshoes who offer a variety of pods in the garden as well as in the camping field and tent pitches. Spaces are still available for the Tuesday & Wednesday nights.

The Morini Riders Club will not be making any formal arrangement or booking with them - it's up to individuals to book & pay.

Denise at the Three Horseshoes suggested that if the Morini Riders Club is mentioned under special requirements when you book your space then she can try to allocate tent pitches together.

The website is www.the3horseshoes.com although bookings are directed to another website. Their number is 01507 343909.

Please do not expect to turn up at the Three Horseshoes unannounced and get a place on the club's pitch, as there won't be one!

Thanks for your understanding, looking forward to seeing you at Cadwell and more so looking forward to hopefully more normality next year
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Everyone with a place at the track day, please remember that you need a SOLID, FULL FACE ACU GOLD STAR HELMET, NOT A FLIP UP HELMET.
It is a long way to go to be turned away by MSV and there are no refunds for this or any other of the regulations that have been published as part of the sign up and payment process.
Also please ensure you have watched the riders briefing video on line before you get there.
See you there!
David ( the man in the hat)
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Have I missed a link to the riders brief or has in not been sent yet?
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Riders briefing link will be sent by email nearer the time- Cadwell have stated that it must be watched no more than 24 hours before the trackday.

When the email goes out we will also put a post here so people know to check their email/spam folders etc.

Also, I can't echo David's comment enough. Please make sure you arrive suitably dressed and with the bike in appropriate order.

The regs which were signed at the point ofregistration can still be seen on the website if anyone needs a reminder: http://www.morini-riders-club.com/cadwell/index.html