Kingdom of Yorkshire meet up

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MickeyMoto

Kingdom of Yorkshire meet up

Post by MickeyMoto »

Once all this funny business is out of the way (no, not the AGM) anybody in Yorkshire want to meet up? Big county, but I am near Harrogate, pretty central.

Any suggestions for a meeting place (or places to get to everybody)? Could cover Co. Durham, Cumbria, Derbyshire, and dare I suggest it, La, Lanc, Lanca, oh ok Red Rose county.

All hail King Geoffrey Boycott!
ivanca

Re: Kingdom of Yorkshire meet up

Post by ivanca »

Sounds like a possibility although my sport is currently ' under refurbishment' ! I am based in York but work in Harrogate so not too far from you and would be good widen the circle up here.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Thats a good start. I know there is a 250 somewhere close and there was a 1200 in York. Possible a 350 in Otley.

Let me find a meeting place. Bit tricky at the minute with the pubs and cafes being forced to close. Just hope that they all re open in December.

I probably need a few more people to say they are interested to find a suitable location. However, the Sun Inn at Norwood was a good place. Maybe a bit out of the way, but a cracking ride! :)

Any other suggestions welcome!
ivanca

Post by ivanca »

Sun Inn sounds good for me and yes it is a great ride !
Let's see when all this nonsense is over and hope it's still trading ....
Might even have my sport sorted if we leave if long enough...
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Er, erm, well...

I'm afraid MRC needs to find another Yorkshire coordinator...

I've moved north, so if anybody in Northumberland or the Borders wants to meet up, let me know, please. All subject to relaxation of current rules...
ivanca

Post by ivanca »

Well if you have to leave God's County at least you have gone further t'North and not South !
If there are other MRC folk around the York area let me know if you would like to catch up some time.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

So, after some consideration and a chat at the AGM, I have decided to try and arrange a Yorkshire meeting at the Manor Cafe at Bellerby near Leyburn. Obviously this will not be until April 2022. Any interest?

I may see if there is any camping in the dales and make a weekend of it, with a meeting at the caff on Sunday.
ivanca

Post by ivanca »

Sounds good to me and some great riding round there. Let me know nearer the time and hope we can get something sorted .
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Yes, great area. As my son would say if it ain't in Yorkshire it ain't worth visiting!

Hawes, Tan Hill, Brymor ice cream... Mmmmmm
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I have been looking for campsites at the end of April (weekend before the Workers Day holiday) and there are a few available in t Dales, but there are few available with huts or camper van places, too. Appears the Great British Public is reluctant to travel far in 2022, or are pre booking with a view to cancelling and leaving the site owners bankrupt. I am presuming people want a choice these days as we need our comforts and a wee in the middle of the night.

I am still planning a meet up at the Manor Cafe on the Sunday.

Is there any interest in a camping weekend at the end of April?

Thanks,

Mike.
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Mike, as I was born and a sprog in West Yorkshire with regular trips to Whitby it would be a joy to visit you and the merry band of folk who'll assemble before the Workers take their rest next Spring. I'd be up for making a weekend of the trip. Would you recommend a Kanguro to cope with the likely weather and road conditions? or would a Sport be showing more of the true spirit of the weekend?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Now then, Julian!

A Kanguro or a Sport would be perfect. The weather will be what it is, probably cold and wet. But the, maybe hot and sunny in the Broad Acres.

I have found a campsite, but it is in Cumbria. Not sure if this is suitable? If so, a Kanguro might be useful if it turns out to be the equivalent of the Elefant Rally!
ivanca

Post by ivanca »

Hey lads. Can't make the whole weekend but would be great to meet up near Leyburn on the Sunday if that's still part of the plan. Will be a 350 sport for me . So hopefully at least 3 Morinis there now !
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Yes, Sunday is the plan. There could be mission creep!
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Cumbria is on the flight path to the West Coast USA from Heathrow so perhaps it's a hint to bring a New York so I can show willing.

More seriously, Cumbria should be fine as a venue, I last rode a motorbike there around 1986 when I used to commute from North Scotland to West Yorkshire. Otherwise I can stay in North Yorkshire on the Saturday night and find my way to Leyburn for the Sunday.