Danish Morini Meetig 2020 will take place!

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
norbert

Danish Morini Meetig 2020 will take place!

Post by norbert »

We are going to meet in the garden of Sören for the 14th danish meeting from 20.-23 of August.

Have alook at his web: http://morinist.dk/morini/engelskmorinitraef2020.php

norbert
julianharty

Re: Danish Morini Meetig 2020 will take place!

Post by julianharty »

Oooooh,
sounds like a fun few days, Google Maps estimates it's about 800 miles (1300km) so a good run out for an old V twin Morini. I'll see whether I can get permission and the time off to visit. My wife has decided we need to visit Italy if that's practical from the UK this summer so that'd take priority... Anyway, thank you for sharing the link.
Julian
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

If we can get home again without quarantine...hmm. I'm up for that. (not quarantine!)
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Norbert,

Is the border with Denmark open now? I read that Denmark had opened the Scandinavian borders but not the German one. We would need to travel via France, Belgium, Netherlands (?), Germany to get there or at least Netherlands and Germany if the ferry is used. Needs a bit of thought, but I could be up for it.

Mike.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Hi Mike,

as far as I know the border will be open from the 27th of June for EU residents incl. Great Britain as far as there are no more than 20 new infected per 100.000 inhabitants per week in their country (county?). Acording to this rule right now (as far as I know) only Portugal and Sweden would have problems. I´ve read somewhere that the danish government will public a list of countries 25th of june.
The germans are allowed to cross the border since 15th of june if they can present the booking of 6 days accommodation (If you need that, you must contact Sören. It seems that he can resolve that problem). People from the ferderal state of Schleswig-Holstein (like me, living in Lübeck) have no restristions at all to cross the border.
The best will be to contact Sören per e-mail (you´ll find it on his homepage).

Of cause you´ll have to see wether England insists in quarantine when coming back. A quite strange arrangement having in mind the number of infected people in England compared to most countries in the EU :roll: It seems that the british government is afraid of people from the rest of europe allthough it would make more sense the other way around (I am only talking about the Corona theme! :wink: )

norbert
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Norbert,

I was merrily looking on Google Maps last night for a route to DK. I can do Harwich to Hoek of Holland ferry then it is 800kms to DK. This would entail an overnight stop. All good, but then this morning I wake up to news that the R rate in Germany is 2.88. What is the truth, as I do not trust journalists? :)

My plan was...

Travel 330 kms to Harwich on Tuesday for overnight ferry. Join the motorway congestion in Netherlands at 8.00 Wednesday morning and travel 400 kms to an overnight stop somewhere in Germany. Arrive DK Thursday and leave Sunday am for a ferry on Monday evening, again with an overnight stop in Germany. Arrives 6.00 Tuesday morning for the 330km ride home. Home for lunch and a cup of tea.

Mike.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Hi Mike
I think the reason for the strong increase of the R-rate is that there are(have been) very few new cases in the last weeks/mounth. And in such a situation a real hotspot can turn the R-rate a lot. That´s what I understood. And there is a new strong hotspot near Gütersloh because of working and "housing" conditions in one of the biggest meat/slaughter factory in europe and maybe in the world. That kind of modern slavery abusing of east europe agency workers. 1553 of 6650 workers in that factory are infected! Could place, parting the animals close to the colleagues, hard work strong breathing and living conditions allways for a few mounth that ... In this meat sector working conditions are incredible bad and that´s well known for years and decades. Maybe this scandal may change anything.

I have to work and hope that I can get a free day on friday so can start at thursday directly from the office maybe about 14:00 from Eutin (between Lübeck and Kiel). Coming from Holland you should take the ferry across the river Elbe "Wischfafen-Glückstadt". Half an hour on the old sympatic ferry withot any belts.Go down to the "restaurant", it´s copulsory to hava a Bockwurst! :wink: and you are 100% back in the sixties. Passing per Hamburg coming from Holland is a mess, don´t do that!
We eventually could meet up at Eckernförde or Schleswig on thursday about 16:00 (that is Plan A right now). I use to enter the motorway near Schleswig. Normaly I don´t take motorways , but this part I do). From Schleswig it´s less than two hours to Sören.

norbert
norbert

Post by norbert »

Hi Mike,
I´m going to start on thursday late morning, expecting to cross the danish border near Flensburg about 13:00 to 14:00
There might be a bit of rain on thursday, but that´s not going to stop me to take part at the probably only and very familiar morini-event of this year :wink:

norbert
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hello Norbert,

Denmark is off for me. Travelling outside here does not make sense at the moment. I would need to quarantine on return. Instead I am in Scotland being eaten by midges.
Attachments
IMG_20200818_112244__1597817245_85.255.232.210.jpg
IMG_20200818_112244__1597817245_85.255.232.210.jpg (25.23 KiB) Viewed 7944 times
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Sadly this meeting is impractical for me too. As a consolation I ended up taking my baby Honda CBF 250 and riding 911 miles (around 1500km) visiting castles (chateaux) in the Loire Valley in France with one of my daughters on the pillion. All booked through a very helpful Brittany Ferries as a 'tour' where they let me add a couple of days free riding to the dates so I could also visit my other daughter in France. Got back just before England declared visitors from France would need to self-isolate for 15 days. Ho-hum, it would have been fun.

And BTW: I took the Honda as it's the babe of my motorbike collection, 14 years old, and riding with a pillion on my old V twin Moto Morinis with clip-ons and luggage seemed a bit risky.

I hope those who make it to the Danish meetup have a wonderful and memorable trip even though Mike and I can't make it.

Julian
Ming

Post by Ming »

Bet you didn't get to Valencay, full of original furniture, etc, and home to Talleyrand. (and 12km from Chateau Ming)
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

Sadly not, I got within 50km though and would love to visit Valencay and Chateau Ming.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Chite ... !3e0?hl=en
Ming

Post by Ming »

Close but no Coconut. :D
norbert

Post by norbert »

k-DSCI0887.JPG
k-DSCI0887.JPG (64.6 KiB) Viewed 7786 times
Some impresions of the meeting:
k-DSCI0891.JPG
k-DSCI0891.JPG (104.34 KiB) Viewed 7786 times
k-DSCI0892.JPG
k-DSCI0892.JPG (57.75 KiB) Viewed 7786 times
norbert

Post by norbert »

The most beautiful Dart (400) I´ve ever seen is a habitual guest at Sörens meeting
k-DSCI0897.JPG
k-DSCI0897.JPG (78.35 KiB) Viewed 7785 times
k-DSCI0905.JPG
k-DSCI0905.JPG (77.71 KiB) Viewed 7785 times
Back home after the 850km Danish Tour 2020
k-DSCI0921.JPG
k-DSCI0921.JPG (86.4 KiB) Viewed 7785 times