Ride to work day June 15th 2020

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
morini_tom

Ride to work day June 15th 2020

Post by morini_tom »

The Morini Riders Club is pleased to support Ride To Work Day.

Help to blow out some of those lockdown cobwebs and support a worthy cause while you're at it.

Many countries and regions are still facing restrictions due to the COVID-19 situation. The Morini Riders Club encourage you to follow Government guidelines in your local area, and at all times maintain social distancing. Please remember that you are ambassadors to motorcycling and the Morini Riders club, and presenting a responsible face is more important than ever in these times.

If you choose to take your Morini to work on June 15th, please share a photo with us here!

Ride To Work Day is an international campaign promoted in the UK by The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG). Advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, we aim to provide information about the benefits of everyday utility riding to the public.

MAG promote the international campaign which originated in the US in 1992. Held annually on the third Monday in June, help us celebrate this year’s Ride To Work Day on 15th June 2020.

Motorcycles, as part of the transport mix, are a key contributor to a sustainable future of travel. They also provide social, economic and environmental benefits in a world currently dominated by the car.

Large numbers of motorcyclists use their bikes predominantly for leisure then choose the car to commute. Leave your car in the garage or on the drive during the week, as well as the weekend, and contribute to reduced congestion for all road users. As a result you will reduce emissions and improve air quality in towns and cities. In addition, improved mental well being for work forces and massive economic savings for the country are achievable. Not only that, as a rider you will have much more fun!

If you are one of those riders that commute by car, consider riding to work. Don’t ride? Why not give it a go? You may be surprised by how much time and money you save. If you still want to stay in your car, please remember to look out for and give space to those that are riding.

http://ride-to-work-day.mag-uk.org
Steve Brown

Re: Ride to work day June 15th 2020

Post by Steve Brown »

I generally take a bike to work. If I take a pic can I email it to you as I can never post pics on here! :lol:
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

What's work?
Ming

Post by Ming »

MickeyMoto wrote:What's work?
I found it was what suddenly took up previous riding time after retirement from paid employment. :lol:
George 350

Post by George 350 »

Work? For pensioners, Its what the mrs finds needs doing/ has to be done as soon as a sunny day appears...
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

'er indoors bought some emulsion for the kitchen whern Homebase reopened. I am still finding jobs in the garage. I am sure there I spotted a tarnished bolt head on the underside of my Scrambeler that needs attention...
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Well I rode my Camel to work today. Didn't see any other Morinis about.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.