New Morini Book!!

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
jb666

New Morini Book!!

Post by jb666 »

In the current situation and the cancellation of so many events it is a bright moment when the doorbell rings and a copy of Wim Raeymaekers book Sempre Piu' Forte - The most complete history is socially distance deposited by the postman!

It certainly covers everything Morini from day 1 to what must be the day before yesterday!! I have had a quick skim through and I look forward to an in depth read later on! I contributed a couple of photos in the 1980's factory section and am proud to be a very small part of what is a gargantuan work. There have been a few well known books published in the past but for the whole story Wim's book is the one that is well worth adding to the library.

The book is the fruit of 10 years work by Wim and the research is only matched by its publication in English and Italian.

Buy the book!!

John.
MickeyMoto

Re: New Morini Book!!

Post by MickeyMoto »

I would, but can't get a mortgage... :)

I'll read yours when you've finished... :)

You think it is worth the money? I'll ask the missus to buy me a copy for Christmas.
jb666

Post by jb666 »

It isn't a cheap book that is true but I feel it is certainly value for money. Save your pennies or rack up some brownie points and it will be something to sit by the fire with in the cold months.

Just to give you a taster of what is covered :

Bologna, Land of Motors - covers the development of Bologna and the history behind the formation of Moto Morini

Production Motorcycles - covers everything from the 125 two stroke to the1200s

Competition Motorcycles - covers everything!! Two stroke racer through to Corsaro 1200 racer

Prototypes that Never Went Into Production - some you know, some you don't!!

All in all a good read - lots of pictures and lots of words, not just a picture book. Over 500 pages of good stuff!!

If you come down South for any reason I'll let you have a squint at it!!

John.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Sounds good. Maybe I can bring my binoculars and look at it from 2 metres!