Track day 2018

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Gary D

Track day 2018

Post by Gary D »

Evening all!

I'm thinking of going to Cadwell this year. Two questions though...does anyone ride the track on a 1200 & will a Corsaro on Termignonis get through the noise test?

Any insight would be welcome.

Thanks,

Gary
Steve Brown

Re: Track day 2018

Post by Steve Brown »

Surprised you had no response to this Gary? I would say book it and go anyway. I can't remember seeing any of the new bikes on track but I haven't been every year either. There are plenty of other makes moderns out there and it all seems to flow smoothly enough. The sessions are grouped to try and get machines of similar pace out together and those who run it will adjust things a little to allow for a riders first time on track.

The main thing though is that this event doesn't get your average modern trackday rider turning up. Also never seen or heard of any proper loonies out there, only well behaved types who listen in at the briefings. I think the serious types perhaps avoid ours as it is this clubs event and they expect a load of old 350's getting in their way? I can't recall any tyre warmers at the MRC do either? It seems that is what 'proper' trackday types now call normal, along with posh vans, fancy fuels and laptops to adjust the power commander.

Go on, book it-you know you want to :twisted:
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply. I'd certainly be happy to be grouped in whatever is considered the most appropriate grouping. I've done 2 track schools & one track day.. all of them over 20 years back! Rusty would certainly cover it! Cadwell is a lovely place though & it'd just be nice to gain the experience of running around it.

The decibel issue continues to bother me a bit, so I'll do my own research outside of the forum if no-one can help on here. Maybe Stuardo can advise? I'll keep you & the forum posted on the outcome.

Cheers

Gary
mikebbikes

Post by mikebbikes »

If you look at a few of the Corsaro Veloce tests in a few of the magazines, two of them there were no track times taken as they failed the noise test.
pedro

Post by pedro »

You can get a decibel app for your phone, not sure how accurate it would be, but then track noise testing seems to vary a lot at the best of times. 105 decibels is the usual limit.
mikebbikes

Post by mikebbikes »

Sound meter phone apps are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!
You can get one from Maplin for about £30.00 which are actually quite accurate!
Shame you are not a bit nearer, you could have used my calibrated one.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Professional photo taken at Cadwell
Professional photo taken at Cadwell
7394720332_fe0a4d2cb5_c.jpg (186.54 KiB) Viewed 11902 times
Gary;

Cadwell 2012 - Corsaro with Termis... but there may be no spaces left!

Good riding, and see you there,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
mgelder

Post by mgelder »

If you live near an 'MSV" circuit (Cadwell, Snetterton, Brands, Oulton or Donington) you could ride down there on a morning when they're having a trackday and get your bike noise tested for free; just join the back of the queue. If you ask the tester they'll tell you the reading they got (usually they just say 'pass' or 'fail') so that you'll know if you need to do anything.

Some circuits have ' quiet' days which is where some road bikes can fall foul of the limits, but I think the limit for the MRC day at Cadwell is fairly generous.

Phone noise testers - and even proper ones - are a bit hit and miss as you need to be tested in the way the track do it; certain revs, and I think the probe is held 1 metre from the exhaust and at 45 degrees to it.
Morini stuff on RealClassic.co.uk: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/profiles.html#morini
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

mikebbikes wrote:Sound meter phone apps are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!
You can get one from Maplin for about £30.00 which are actually quite accurate!
Shame you are not a bit nearer, you could have used my calibrated one.
A former Member of the Institute of Acoustics writes:

Probably near enough compared with the instrument the circuit are using. I used to have access to Bruel & Kjaer class 1 SLMs.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Gary,

I have sent you a PM.

Regards

Paul
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Hi Paul

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. It's very much appreciated. I'm sending a cheque with the entry form tonight. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a place!

Best regards

Gary

PS Many thanks to all that have offered advice. I appreciate your help.