36th MRC Track Day - Cadwell Park - Thursday 12th July

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Emmohaswheelsagain

36th MRC Track Day - Cadwell Park - Thursday 12th July

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

For those of you lucky enough to have attended our track day over the past few years you will be aware that entry forms for this years event have been mailed out.
The event will follow the format of previous years with three sessions, Morini, Moderate & Rapid, three rotations in the morning and three in the afternoon.
Each session will be 20 minutes in duration, giving each entrant an hour of track time in the morning & an hour in the afternoon.
The cost for such pleasure is £105.00 for members and £125.00 for non members. As always places are available on a 'first come first serve basis' so enter quickly if you want to avoid disappointment.
If you are a member who has not been on track before or indeed a non member who has an interesting bike to enter, then please email trackday@morini-riders-club.com for more details.
I will do my best to find you a place, particularly if you have a Morini to ride.
I hope to see you in July.

Paul
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: 36th MRC Track Day - Cadwell Park - Thursday 12th July

Just an update on the available places at this years track day.
80% of the available spaces have already been confirmed, this after just three weeks.
If you have an entry form and you intend to come to our track day this year, then please submit your entry without delay.
I will do my best to find you a place. If you are disappointed, you can always join us at Cadwell, as entry is free for spectators.
The club will be based at The 3Horseshoes, in nearby Goulceby, from Wednesday afternoon through to Sunday morning, where you can camp for free.
A club ride out will take place on the Friday, with activities on the Saturday being centred around the campsite.
More details will be published in ATG, nearer the time.

Safe Riding

Paul
Emmohaswheelsagain

Just a final update, track day 2018 is now officially FULL.
All available places have been allocated, a maximum of 120 entries, split across three sessions, Morini, Moderate & Rapid.
Once again the club will receive the support of North Leicester Motorcycles, who will also have a selection of bikes on track during the day.
All club members and their friends are welcome, indeed anyone who appreciate the unusual and enjoy the special place that is Cadwell Park.
I hope to see you there.

Safe Riding

Paul
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

FYI Sadly my Morini lost it's kickstart on the ride up to Cadwell, I got within about 60 miles but decided to turn around and return home as I had no way of starting my bike if it stopped (and it'd probably have to do so overnight) and old was gently seeping from the kickstart shaft as the bush had decided to emerge and sit on the shaft in place of the kickstart! I did manage to refuel and reach home (90 miles) safely.

If anyone reads this in time to let the organisers know I won't make it, perhaps someone else who's reached Cadwell can use my place instead of me?
Ciao

Julian Harty.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Really sorry that you couldn't make the excellent trackday Julian. I understand that your place went to a good home, as it were!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

And a big thank you to Paul Emmerson, David Marlow and all the MSV staff and marshals who made the day such a success.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

First one for me for 30 years. My underwear washed up ok after the event. I promise to use the other 5mm of the tyre tread next year...

Oh, and a big thank you to the Morini rider who made me sit up at Hall Bends as I went from turn in to apex. Good to know my heart can race, my sphincter muscles are still tight and a drum brake can stop the bike...