Broseley Motorcycling Festival 6th August

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
72degrees

Broseley Motorcycling Festival 6th August

Post by 72degrees »

I've registered for this to ride the road Morini up a famous old speed hill climb course. Free to register and I know there are a few other Morinisti not far from there. It would be good to have a posse of wee vees (and 1200s) going up together.

http://www.broseleyfestivalofmotorcycling.org/
72degrees

Re: Broseley Motorcycling Festival 6th August

Post by 72degrees »

Broseley hill3.jpg
Broseley hill3.jpg (147.37 KiB) Viewed 10457 times
Just back from the Coalport Hill Climb. It was last run in 1911 with A J Stevens himself riding an AJS. A very low key affair ,by design, but most enjoyable. Nearly 100 bikes from a 1920s Nimbus to a Ducati Panigale assembled in the car park of the Woodbridge Inn. The road has a 3 ton limit bridge so not a lot of traffic. The road was open as usual and we were allowed out of the car park to ride up to Brosely in groups of three or four. Marshalls on a couple of junctions to guide us to Broseley High Street where we parked up. Lots of bike chat and I met a couple of people I hadn't seen for years. One other Morinisti there but on his Ducati . Good to see you Paul but bring the Valentini next time ;) There was another 72 degree V twin there in the shape of a Buell 1125R. The first time I've got to talk to the owner of one.

It would make an interesting speed hill climb now applications can be made to close roads without having to get an Act of parliament, but I can't see a timed event happening, mainly because of spectator access. A demonstration run event like The Kop or Goodwood might work but there would still be little scope for watching because of the high banks either side of the road. It would also need a lot of baling done to get an ACU track certificate. It worked very well as it was though with people coming out of their houses to wave as went past on the way in to the town.

The people of Broseley seemed to appreciate it and it must have collected a fair amount for the Midlands Air Ambulance.
Hopefully it will happen again, but many more bikes taking part and it would need greater control over the parking arrangements in the town.

My Morini consorted with a couple of contemporary Honda Fours in 'the paddock' and got lots of interest.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Pete;

Congratulations for keeping the Morini name visible - and using the bike as it was designed. Sounds like fun and we'll have to give you some support next time (which is another way of saying I'm envious and wish I'd been able to get there, especially in the obvious sun; got the GP soaked yesterday riding it back from Moto Corsa...)

Good riding,
Chris
"I'll use the Morini"
Butch

Post by Butch »

Do you have a pic of the Nimbus?
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

It was a good event, though only lasted until about noon. The chat at the 'paddock' was the best bit (apart from the ride up the hill). They could have done with making more of that. It sounds as if they are going to do it again next year. Come up and stay with us to do it Chris - unless I decide to do Castle hill climb in Cornwall that it clashed with. I've never done Castle and my three score years and ten season might be the time to get round to it ;)

Photo of the Nimbus (by Paul Hemming) which turns out to have been early 50's not 20's but I don't think they changed the design much.
nimbus.jpg
nimbus.jpg (123.88 KiB) Viewed 10368 times
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Did you get the photo from the 'cloud'?
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

MickeyMoto wrote:Did you get the photo from the 'cloud'?
Are you being cirrus?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hmm, sorry but that is the best I could do with my years of 'a'cumulus of jokes. Its all getting a bit foggy now in my head.