East Midlands meet up?

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Norton

Re: East Midlands meet up?

Post by Norton »

Hi all,
Not had a huge amount of response to this. I'm hoping to still go on Saturday, weather permitting because I will be riding.
I will try and organise another date for when it's warmer and hopefully get more interest. otherwise I will try the suggestion of going to a vmcc meeting.
Cheers,
Norton
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

I’m certainly up for an East Midlands meet up, although not until the weather improves a bit! Weekday evenings are generally easier for me than Friday/weekends though.

Hope to meet up in a month or two :)

Tom
Norton

Post by Norton »

Hi Tom,
Look forward to meeting you at some point. I'm hoping if there's enough interest to establish some kind of network using email or WhatsApp so meetings could be arranged for different days/places and ride outs planned. At the moment though I have no idea whether there will be enough interest.
Cheers,
Norton
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Norton, and others;

Look at the Corsaro Section thread(s) and see how that worked. Keeping everything on the Forum means that you have the widest possible audience, not just in the UK, but also globally - and you never know when Morini riders / owners from other countries are visiting. (Mention of which, there is always the International Rally in June to aim for as well). :D

All we have to do now is wait for this pesky white stuff to go over... might even be able to get up to the Midlands myself then.

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Norton

Post by Norton »

Well that was a bit disappointing but considering the weather not surprising.
Had a nice ride over from Derby, the roads were pretty clear. Got to the pub but it was closed so couldn't even get a warm drink while I was waiting. Stayed half an hour then gave up.
Maybe I'll try and organise something in June when we might have some sunshine.
Cheers,
Norton
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Norton,

Keep at it. In my experience, a lot of people do not use social media. Whatsmyface or whatever is alien to them, same as this forum. I would try in the magazine, too, as all members receive that. You may need to try different days of the week. I helped start a section for another club and we have settled on midday 4th Sunday. Turn out is now between 4 and 15 weather dependent.

Mike.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Sorry about that Norton, I had hoped to turn out but in the end I was distracted by the weather and other duties etc to the extent I even forgot what day it was.
Do give it another go sometime, this weather was a bit unfortunately timed. I'm away soon till early April but will get my finger out then.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Norton

Post by Norton »

Hi,
I did try to get it posted in ATG but David must have forgot or there wasn't space. Oh well.
Les emailed some 40 odd members in the area but I've had no replies off any.
I shall probably try and go to a local VMCC meeting and other morini events to try and meet some local members (unfortunately can't make the international rally).
Thank you to those who have replied on here, I look forward to meeting you at some point.
Cheers,
Norton
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

So - going back to an old topic...

There's an Italian Day on 2nd September at Bridgenorth (yes, I know that is in the West Midlands) and the MRC will have a presence there...

So, if any of you guys fancy riding a little bit further than the W. Midlands, we could always catch up there. More details will be posted on the Events section, including location, time and entrance fee (I'm sure that there will be one!). See you there?

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"