East Midlands meet up?

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Norton

East Midlands meet up?

Post by Norton »

Hi all,
Now I've got my morini back on the road, I was hoping to meet some fellow club members in the East Midlands. I think someone tried this last year, but can't see anything else on here. I live in Derby but am more than happy to travel further out. If anyone's interested let me know and we can try and sort a place and date.
Cheers,
Norton
MarkB

Re: East Midlands meet up?

Post by MarkB »

There's certainly a number of Morini riders in the East Midlands. If you contact the membership secretary he may be able to put you in touch. Hope you get it sorted!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

As Mark says you can contact the membership secretary but you may find some members inactive.
There is an annual ride out, usually early September, which starts in Leicester, taking in a pub lunch and place of interest in the afternoon.
This generally attracts a dozen or so members and is a thoroughly pleasant way of enjoying your Morini.
Keep an eye on this forum, Les who does all the hard work will post the details of this years ride out very soon.
Send me a PM if you are over in Lincolnshire, happy to meet up. Any excuse for a ride. :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi guys;

We spoke to both Norton and Jim separately at the Peterborough Show last w/e and it looks like a meeting early next year (i.e. 2018...) to discuss the best meeting place for a regular get together is probably the likely way forward. But really it's up to the 'locals' - Norton is in Derby and Jim is in Leicester; one has a Strada and the other a Corsaro, and there is the opportunity to make this the 'East Midlands Corsaro Section' if enough other modern riders are interested!

If everyone chooses a nice day I'd even fancy a ride up myself - as Paul says, any excuse for a ride...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

I'm just South of Leicester too. I'm also more available at weekends now have recently retired-sort of. No modern Morinis here though, did try one courtesy of Stuart at NLM and realised I'd only scare myself more often... :oops:
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Hi

I'd throw my hat into the East Mids Corsaro section (I'm based near Hinckley) & would be happy to ride out with any Morini...or just meet up for a winter beer for that matter. I'm a summer rider now though! The winter's for restoring the 500...

Cheers

Gary
Norton

Post by Norton »

Hi all.

If we created an East Midlands section there's no reason we couldn't involve modern and old morinis. You could do seperate ride outs to meet at the same place if the difference in speed etc bothered people, though if your sticking to more scenic roads I find my strada can keep up with most modern stuff.

I'm not sure where the best place to meet would be, it really depends on the location of people interested. I suggest maybe we organise a meeting at NLM in the new year and discuss future possibilities from there.

If this sounds like a good idea I will try and get a post put in ATG.

Cheers
Norton
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

Yep, up for that.
I'll try and come up with some ideas for a location. Can't really suggest a time as my working hours are so varied.
See you in the spring!
Cheers
Jim
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Me too folks. Why not catch up over a beer in January, with the venue to be agreed? It'd cheer up a dark month & allow us to discuss plans for the spring.

Cheers

Gary
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

I don't reckon I'll make it out before the spring, I'm working from now until early March.
Looking at the map, and keeping in mind where we are, NLM is not a bad shout. There's also 'The Vic' bike friendly pub a couple of miles away.
Norton

Post by Norton »

Do you work weekends Jim?
I don't know the pubs near NLM but it sounds like an idea to meet there then ride to a local to discuss further meets.
Is the Vic recommended?
Does anyone have a specific date in mind so we can try and get it posted in ATG, probably have to meet in February to get it posted in Januarys issue?
Cheers,
Norton
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

I'm supposed to get 1 weekend off in 4 but that seldom happens. Weekdays are usually better for me.
Week beginning 12th March is the earliest I could make it.
Norton

Post by Norton »

Hi all,
Set up an initial meeting to gauge interest in an East Midlands section.

Saturday 3rd. March at 1pm The Vic, Whitwick Road Coalville LE67 3FA

Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers,
Norton
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Yes I had an email about the meet up. I am free that weekend-at the moment anyway. So will do my best to be there. Good luck and hope it takes off.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Cheerful

Post by Cheerful »

Bit further south, but there are lots of bike meets at jack's hill cafe on the A5 north of towcester. Why don't you join the vmcc? local sections usually have a run once a fortnight. generally lots of morinis out.