Moto Morini International Rally 2018

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
mikebbikes

Re: Moto Morini International Rally 2018

Post by mikebbikes »

I would have liked to have gone to this, but I will be at the Isle Of Man for the TT!
annm

Post by annm »

Don't forget that the early bird ticket price is only until the end of March!

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/rally2018/

https://www.facebook.com/MRCRally2018/
nicko

Post by nicko »

If anyone is attending from the south coast area, I'll be traveling from the Salisbury area and meeting en route with Floyd from Chichester area. Comment here and I'll look to put a route together to meet up and ride in.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Right, I'm now booked and paid and the rally looks like it's going to be excellent. There was also a mention of the rally in the latest Classic Bike Guide, and bookings are coming in from the Continent as well. Early Bird discount is about to run out...
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

MarkB wrote:Right, I'm now booked and paid and the rally looks like it's going to be excellent. There was also a mention of the rally in the latest Classic Bike Guide, and bookings are coming in from the Continent as well. Early Bird discount is about to run out...
I've put a reminder on the VMCC forum.
annm

Post by annm »

It's now just two months to the Rally!
For those of you who have not yet booked your place, we have extended the 'early bird' price until the end of April:

Ann

https://www.facebook.com/MRCRally2018/
annm

Post by annm »

In case you can’t commit to the whole weekend, we are now offering the option of an Afternoon Ticket, the details are as follows:

£10 Afternoon Ticket (pay on the day) Includes:
• Rally entry (14:00 – 18:00 Sat)
• Tea and coffee
• Real ale pay bar
• Saturday afternoon festival in the courtyard
If you want to stay for the two course evening meal, this will be an extra £15.00 per person (subject to availability)

Do let us know if you are interested in this option, but the Afternoon Tickets are only available of the day so no need to book in advance.

corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

I'm guessing that this will soon be 'full' (in the Cadwell Park sense) and so it's a good job I'm already booked. Hopefully Spring will have arrived, otherwise the heated grips are going to go into overdrive...

With people from all over Europe (well, the bits that like Morinis, anyway) as well as a healthy dose from the UK, it's looking like the 'biggest gathering of Morinis for many a year' is actually bearing fruit! Well done to the organisers, and see you there in six weeks time!

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

What a fantastic weekend! Even the weather was on side and the food, company and venue were all of the very best quality. Thank you everyone who worked so hard to make it all happen, and thanks also to all who turned up and made it such a memorable weekend. With more Morinis than I've seen in one place in the UK for many a long year, well worth the effort getting along to it!

As one fellow Morini rider commented "The best Rally I've been to for over ten years..."

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Indeed. A superb organisational effort by all concerned. In my case I'd have to say the best Morini Rally I've been to since 1975. "You've all done very well!" ;)
Ming

Post by Ming »

Sorry I couldn't make it - I hope the weather was better than here where it oscillated between torrential rain and 37 deg!
Lewes96

Post by Lewes96 »

Well I had a very nice time at the rally - great to see people from all over Europe and thanks to all those who set it up. Where’s the next one?
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

It was an absolutely marvellous event. A particularly big thank-you to Ann and Anne and the organising committee and other willing volunteers, who've put in an enormous amount of time and effort over the last year, not to mention over the rally itself, to make it such a success. I think we'll take a short break before we start to organise the next one!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Lewes96 wrote:Well I had a very nice time at the rally - great to see people from all over Europe and thanks to all those who set it up. Where’s the next one?
Cadwell in July. May be more low key!
-------------------------------------------------------

Mike.
bedford3374

Post by bedford3374 »

A fantastic weekend, our thanks and congratulations to everyone involved in the organisation - you did a superb job! Julie & Steve