Morinis go vintage in the Midlands

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
72degrees

Morinis go vintage in the Midlands

Post by 72degrees »

I shall be taking the 2C/375 to a meeting of the North Birmingham section of the VMCC on Wednesday 5th July.
The Round Oak, 100 Ounsdale Rd, Wombourne, Wolverhampton WV5 8BU.
Concours d'elegance and 'steak night'. 6.30pm for 7pm.
A good opportunity to do a bit of PR for the MRC as apparently one or two are venturing in to the wonderful world of Morinis.
72degrees

Re: Morinis go vintage in the Midlands

Post by 72degrees »

Three Morinis in attendance, including the Treasurer of the section's recently acquired 84 electric start Strada. Also Paul with his Valentini 350. Next most numerous marque after Triumph I think! Another chap there who has a Kanguro but wasn't on it.

A pleasant bimble round Shropshire lanes, for a while in company with a four cylinder Nimbus.

The Morinis started impeccably when time to leave. Unlike a Triumph Thunderbird that had been left with the lights on. With a digital ignition system there was not enough left in the battery even to bump start it. Soon sorted by hooking it up to a battery on a running car for a few minutes. One reason for staying with an original but upgraded system on a Morini.

It's been ages since I rode a Morini in the gloaming, but the headlight was better than I remember.