Track Day 2017 - Cadwell Park Thursday 22nd June

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Track Day 2017 - Cadwell Park Thursday 22nd June

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Just a note to confirm that the entry for this years track day is full.
The club will not be accepting any further entries for this years event.
The level of interest in our annual track day continues to grow and with the support of our members and friends we can look forward to another special day at Cadwell Park in June.
The day will following the usual format, three sessions, Morini, Moderate and Rapid, each 20 minutes duration, starting at 10am, breaking for lunch at 1pm and then recommencing at 2pm and concluding at 5pm. Each group has six sessions, three in the morning and three in the afternoon. You would expect to see lots of Morini's and you will but the entry is also representative of the classic scene, Velocette, BSA, Triumph, Norton, Ducati, Laverda, Moto Guzzi, Benelli, Gilera and many more.
It is free to come along, wander the paddock and enjoy the action on the track. Cadwell Park is hired to the club for the day, so you can enjoy the facilities on offer. If you want to stay over, the club will be camping at the Three Horseshoes In Goulceby, just a short distance from Cadwell Park. Many more will camp over at Cadwell, although there is a charge if you don't have an entry. I will post more details in ATG nearer the time.

Regards

Paul
72degrees

Re: Track Day 2017 - Cadwell Park Thursday 22nd June

Post by 72degrees »

Now my mashed hand is working again I may well bimble across to watch and camp at the Three Horseshoes. We've missed Lincolnshire bike night at East Lindsey (Wednesday just gone) but I may fit in a visit to the Aviation Heritage Museum on the way or way back. The plan is naturally "weather permitting" - as I don't fancy minimal 2C luggage camping if its chucking it down ;)
Emmohaswheelsagain

Hi Pete,
Everything is ready so we should have the largest gathering of Morini's for some time.
A group is coming over from Germany which should see 30 on track, with another 10 or so around the paddock.
Camp site has been extended into a second field, so plenty of room.
The clubs booking includes two glamping tents and two euro tents, one four berth and the other six.
All come fully furnished, just need your sleeping bag. Send me pm if you want to leave your tent at home,
Glamping tents are already reserved but euro tents are available for a small fee.
See you next week.

Paul
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Thanks for the heads up Paul, but I've decided if I'm going to camp I might as well do it 'properly'. Though looking at the latest weather forecast for Louth I'm having doubts! It's years since I last went camping on the 2C/375 and that was two-up - so just me a tent and a few things should be easy!
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Looks like it was another sunny fun day at Cadwell today.

Here is a link from the photographer- enjoy!

http://tracksnapz.zenfolio.com/morini/r ... l/22/06/17
mgelder

Post by mgelder »

Big thank you to everyone who worked behind (and in front of) the scenes to make this happen.

Cracking event. :D
Morini stuff on RealClassic.co.uk: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/profiles.html#morini
Emmohaswheelsagain

Thanks for everyones help today.
Another successful track day at Cadwell, despite the rain in the afternoon.
For those viewing the photos please note that these were not commissioned by the club.
As always I will make the official images available to the club for publication in ATG/Club website.
I am happy to take individual requests but please bear in mind that scanning hundreds of images does take time.

Regards

Paul
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Another vote of thanks to the team for keeping up the tradition of MRC Cadwell. I was a bit regretful not being out on track but happy that my left hand was healed enough to ride the 2C/375 there and back with no problems. My visit to the Aviation Museum was left off the agenda I spent too long gassing at NLM (an informative discussion about cam quietening ramps amongst other things) on the 'interesting roads' way and then it was just too darned hot. So hot my right knee started to cramp somewhere near Coningsby. A big handful of my emergency salted nuts and a gulp of Lucozade Sports recovery drink sorted it quickly though.

Excellent evenings at the Three Horsehoes (Batemans Gold - yum) and lots of chats with Morini and Gilera folk at the circuit I'd not seen for years.

The wee vee was going very well, particularly on the way home when the weather was cooler and the atmosphere nicely damp, but happily not actually raining by the time I reached Lincoln.

I coped with camping gear on the '250' and my trusty Lichfield Viper tent, first used at the Blue Bell in 1995 if I remember correctly, doesn't leak although it did need running repairs with a couple of zip ties I popped in the bag for just such an eventuality. Looking forward to next year and also the big rally do in June.

One or two Morinis expired from heat exhaustion (stator windings) it seems and even a modern one apparently found the going too tough for its electrics to make it to Goulceby.
pedro

Post by pedro »

I'd just like to add my vote of thanks to all those who make it possible for the rest of us to have such a fun day.

As Martin says, "Cracking event"