Moto Morini Factory Visit

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
NICENSLEAZY

Moto Morini Factory Visit

Post by NICENSLEAZY »

Any members interested in visiting the Moto Morini factory this year? Anyone already visited the factory. Perhaps we could put together a small group of members who are interested!
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

The club went to the Factory in September last year (2007) and are already planning another trip down in September 2009...

The visit has been extensively reported - there was an article in the clubs magazine, ATG, and the current issue should carry an interview with Lambertini and Lanaro.

The factory did us proud, taking six hours to show us around, give us lunch and even a preview of the yet to be named Gran Passo - shown to us by a very proud Snr Morini via his mobile phone.

Red Dog at Edenbridge should have a copy of the magazine... :)

If there is interest, a few of us might get down to the Milan show this year - much better than anything in the UK!

If you get there for the Morini Day, there should be a chance that others can tell you more...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Photo of the factory visit sent in by Corsaro Chris
I think that is Sander on the right behind his Corsaro (apologies if I got that wrong)

corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Steve;

Bang on - Sander with his Corsaro - the handsome Italian to his right is our guide for the day Gherado, and then the UK Morini club members (Sander is from the Netherlands...)

Sander got his bike taken apart and rebuilt at the factory because they had some concerns over its starting and running - all as part of the service! :D Was he happy? You bet!

It was some visit - we hope to be able to do the same next year - perhaps with a bigger group? :)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Factory Visit October 2009

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Starting to plan the visit for next year and would like to hear from any members who are looking to ride down to the factory. My ferry crossing will probably be from Hull taking a route down through Germany and spending 3/4 days in Bologna before travelling back. I would expect the trip to take in total 10 days. As far as I'm aware the factory have yet to confirm the actual date but early October looks likely. Chris will no doubt secure a date soon. Ideally I would prefer travel with a group of 3/4 bikes at some where around legal speeds and have the opportunity to enjoy some of the sights along the way. Nothing against tents but I would prefer slepping in a bed and having a proper meal every morning. Any like minded would be travellers get in touch.

Paul
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

I am keen to do the factory visit next year, probably on the 501 dart...
franky

Post by franky »

I'd be interested too.... however 10days total would be a touch too long as I'd have to secure a leave pass from the wife and i'm going to the south of france in july too. might meet you on the way though.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Keeping a close eye on this one too.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All;

We're looking to the first Monday in October for the Factory visit - I am currently in contact with Morini to seek confirmation that this date is acceptable and does not conflict with any shows, etc.

We'll be staying in a central Bologna hotel as last time, that has secure parking and is handy for the railway station (both for any who fly down and catch the train in from the rather remote airport that Easyjet use, as well as those who might prefer to train all the way down from the UK...).

In 2007 we met up on the Sunday, visited the Factory on the Monday (its a ten minute bike, 15 minute taxi ride away) and then chilled out on the Tuesday. It's possible to visit Monday and clear off Tuesday if you are tight for time, but the atmosphere on the Sunday and Monday evenings (when we all got together for a chat and beer) was all part of the holiday - and Bologna has plenty else to offer! Anyone fancy a trip to the Ducati museum on the Tuesday, wearing Morini T shirts :D . And then there is the shopping, culture and touristy thing, including an open bus tour of the old city and hills, well worth it.

Early October is the best time for hotel rates, and we're looking to put in some provisional bookings shortly (it will be announced in the forthcoming ATG) so now is a good time to be seriously considering this trip - credit crunch or no credit crunch :!:

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Factory Visit

Well it looks like its on then. Just have to get fit now because if I recall correctly its over 1200 miles door to door. Memory is a little hazy so if anyone has the precise mileage that would be useful. Whilst I will wait for final confirmation I will be booking my holidays from work and preparing the bike and rider for the journey. I plan to leave either Wednesday 30th or Thursday 1st but much will depend on others who are riding down. My intial plans was to go from Hull however this has been changed due to cost, so Harwich or nearby port looks likely. Some people have already stated an intent to ride down but more would be good. It would be great if the factory were treated to a good cross section of Uk Morini's.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Morini Factory Visit

The date;
Monday October 5th 2009 is the planned date for the Morini Factory Visit. The response from Morini to our request for a repeat of the 2007 visit is that they would be pleased to host a small group tour (estimated to be up to 20 people) on that date. When we reach that number I'll confirm it on the MRC Forum

The Hotel;
We will meet at the Hotel Mecure Central, which is opposite the station in the heart of Bologna, where we stayed for our last visit. Part of the Accor Group, it is an excellent venue. Everyone is asked to book for themselves; the hotel is code 1310, found under www.accorhotels.com; there are several rates. The cost for three nights for either a double or twin single room is currently 330 Euro (i.e. - 110 Euro per room per night) with an additional 10 Euro per breakfast. There is a cheaper, non-cancellable rate if you pay on booking. Reservations of any sort require a credit card number.

Those intending to share a room need to agree with their "buddy" to arrange the booking between them. If you need contact details to find a buddy, or other help, PM me as soon as possible, as rooms may be limited. Once booked, let me know (again by PM) so that we can confirm accurate numbers to the Factory

Itinerary;
Meet at the Hotel Mecure (opposite the railway station in Bologna) on the Sunday evening, 4th October
Monday 5th October will be the Factory visit after breakfast at the hotel, with a meal out later that evening
Tuesday 6th October is an optional tour of Bologna, shopping or general sightseeing (there is a good open-top bus trip that runs past the hotel)
Wednesday 7th October - depart after breakfast

Chris Webber
The Disclaimer - all information is given in good faith but we cannot guarantee any information herein - costs and dates may change...
"I'll use the Morini"
Splodge

Post by Splodge »

I'm trying to juggle things so that I can do the factory visit, my problem is the amount of time off work/away from the family - I'm already pretty committed to holidays next year.
However......putting the bike on the train overnight both ways to cover the duller northern Europe stretch will save a couple of days and give me maximum time playing in the hills. If you're going to spend a night asleep you might as well be hurtling through the night, covering another 500 miles, at the same time.

It's not cheap, but neither is fuel and hotels anymore, this is a site that lists the main carriers if anybody else fancies it.

http://www.seat61.com/Motorail.htm#Austria
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Should have added for those riding their bikes down that the hotel has secure, below ground, car and bike parking...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Splodge;

Didn't mean to imply that taking the bike down on the train was in any way cheating - just that some are flying, others are on trains and (horrors) Diane and I will probably drive down (so not on a bike at all) :?

We have taken the car to Bologna once or twice, when the SNCF operated a service from Calais to Bologna direct - 17 hours and little hassle - it's the sensible way to cover the distance...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Factory Visit

Hi Splodge,

Time is a serious consideration when looking at riding to the factory. I did the trip back in 81 and spent most of the fortnight travelling. Admitedly the route did take in a number of sights along the way but even taking a direct route you need 10 days. Despite initially planning to ride down again my family have out voted me (can't get 4 on the Morini) and we have flights booked for a short 3 night stay. Whilst disappointed that I'm not riding down the ferry costs, train schedules and general time restrictions gave me little option. Power to those who do ride down but flying may be your answer.

Paul.