Moto Morini Factory Visit

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All;

We're getting close to the magic 20 number for the Factory visit - so if you haven't already you had better confirm to me that you are up for this - the details will hit ATG very shortly... :wink:

The Factory have confirmed that October 5th 2009 is a good date, and I am now starting to set up what else we can do in Bologna. Ducati visit, open top bus or an excursion to Venice are the current favourites.

Good riding, whatever it is!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
franky

Post by franky »

Hi,

how many days are you planning of going away for? 3-4? any other info?
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All;

We're up to 18 for the visit now, which is getting very close to our self-imposed limit on numbers.

I know of two groups riding down. If there are any more, please let me know. Please note that we are not able to purchase anything at the factory - it has to be bought from a dealer! I am working on asking the Factory to allow us to purchase pre-ordered souvenirs (possibly T shirts, etc.,) - but these would have to be paid for in cash in Euros; I'll let you know so that you can start saving your hard earned cash :lol:

See some of you at the AGM, only a week or so away, for more info.

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

We're up to twenty interested parties for the visit now, although one or two are partners who are possibly more interested in Bologna and shops than visiting the cleanest, most exciting Factory in the world... (Biased, me? Surely not). :wink:

Talking at the Festival of 1000 bikes at the weekend, it appears that hotel space is filling up fast in Bologna. If you haven't booked yet, its time to get cracking! Also, please PM me to confirm you're coming - I need to keep space for Pete Crawford who is riding northwards (I think that's right, Pete?) and also to make sure that we don't run out of hotel space - not that I can do anything other than let you know of problems on that front. :(

More news later - CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

corsaro chris wrote:We're up to twenty interested parties for the visit now, although one or two are partners who are possibly more interested in Bologna and shops than visiting the cleanest, most exciting Factory in the world... (Biased, me? Surely not). :wink:

Talking at the Festival of 1000 bikes at the weekend, it appears that hotel space is filling up fast in Bologna. If you haven't booked yet, its time to get cracking! Also, please PM me to confirm you're coming - I need to keep space for Pete Crawford who is riding northwards (I think that's right, Pete?) and also to make sure that we don't run out of hotel space - not that I can do anything other than let you know of problems on that front. :(

More news later - CC
If it encourages anyone else...My experience at the factory was fantastic..Despite having no appointment we were made welcome and given a full tour of the factory and Museum section..( see the adventures section for more details)..made all the better by getting my bike fixed/mapped/etc etc all for free....don't miss this if you have the chance 8)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All;

For those still interested in the Factory Visit;

We've been chatting to the factory (Gherardo, currently away on holiday with his Granpasso...) who have confirmed arrangements for our visit on Monday the 5th October. We have over 20 people booked - or anticipated to be booked, but several of those are wives and partners who may not want to go around the tour. So there are some spaces left.

Most have booked from the Sunday through to Tuesday, but several may arrive on Saturday and leave earlier. Riding, driving, flying and train - people are arriving by all modes of transport. The hotel in Bologna (see previous posts) has secure parking for bikes.

Hotel prices will rise as it gets closer to the booking time, so if you're planning to come, but have yet to make arrangements, I suggest that you do it now! It's only just over six weeks to October... :)

Please also let me know if you are coming - we plan to have a meal out on the Monday evening together, possibly with a couple of people from Morini. For that I'll need a rough estimate of numbers.

For those already fixed up - see you there!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Attention all those going on Factory Visit! :D

(and for the interest of any still not made their mind up!)

If those who are travelling down by bike want to let me have mobile contact details - I have some - I'll put them on the master spread sheet and share that between groups. Then if one group needs to contact another they have a good chance of so doing (all so different to when everyone rode down in 1981... :wink: )

If you've not let me know that you're coming along, please do so - we have 25 registered to date and I am sure that they would love to see a couple more old Morini.

Only three weeks to go...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All;

Over 25 on the trip now, with over 20 planning to actually visit the Factory.

A good number will be riding, on both the air-cooled and modern Vs (I couldn't get anyone to ride down on a single - that I know of).

We are invited to the Factory some time between 10:00 and 10:30 on the Monday, 5th October, and the visit will last for a couple of hours or so. [Last time was a bit longer!].

If you are going, but haven't let me know, please do so now, as we are hoping that it's a bit of a social meeting as well as a look around. So the plan is to have an evening meal on the Monday evening after the visit, so that we can swap tall stories... Do remember that you can't buy spares or t-shirts direct. And Morini don't have spares for the old bikes :!:

For those staying in Bologna, the group are gathering over the Sunday, but I know that one is arriving earlier, on the Saturday, as he is travelling by train [lucky man]. I look forward to seeing you there,

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
morinipete

Factory Visit

Post by morinipete »

Chris, given what's being flashed around the MCN and other websites :shock: could you keep people updated by posting any correspondence with the factory directly on to this thread, as some peole may be departing for Bologna !

Cheers

Pete
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All;

Given Morinis' difficulties (see under "announcements") we are attempting to investigate the current situation with the Factory regarding the planned Club visit early next month.

These are difficult times, and staff at Morini may well be distracted from our requests by matters of moment elsewhere. However, 3X have confirmed in their statement that the factory is continuing with "business as usual", and many of those intending to travel have confirmed that they still wish to go. We may just end up with a big club meeting 1,000 miles (or further) from home!

We'll keep you posted with news as, and when, we get it. And fingers crossed for the 65 staff who are currently at Morini... For us, it's only a bike - for them it's a living.

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All;

This has just been received from Gherardo, the Morini export area manager and principle point of contact with the factory. Gherardo was our very good host at the clubs last visit in 2007...

"Hi Chris and Jem,

The situation in Morini is really different from what you can read from the web sites no problem at all for your visit already planned for date 5 of October from a long time!

In Morini we are currently going straight with all the normal activities: commercial, technical, after sales and spares. During your visit you will be able to visit all the factory but simply we will have no production right on that date.

Furthermore I would like to remember you that we are still waiting to receive the list of questions to be anticipated to Mr.Lambertini: please kindly pass me as soon as possible."

This is reassuring for all of those planning or committed to travel down to Bologna over the next week or so - Pete Crawford is preparing some questions for Mr. Lambertini, who has promised to be there...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

For all those planning to ride down to Italy;

Currently the weather in Italy is lovely and warm (for us used to northern climates, anyway) at over 25 degrees during the day. It's still a mild eighteen - twenty in the evening - shirt sleeve weather! 8)

France and Switzerland are also unseasonally warm - but it can all change for the weekend! :)

Ciao!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Chris,

Pleased the weather in Italy is lovely. Not bad here at the moment, been using the bikes to commute to work this week just to remind me how good they are. Still busy packing and looking forward to meeting up with everyone at the weekend. I've managed to book via email to visit the other factory in town. No bikes are being produced so the factory tour is out but they are taking booking for the Museum on site. Has anyone else booked a visit?
See you soon

Paul
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Well, thats it then - 26 members and partners did the trip to Bologna, and 19 of them went around the still open and operating factory!

We were made most welcome, Pete Crawford got to do an extended interview with Ing. Lambertini, we saw the prototype "Motard" plus the 2010 models, the production line and R&D departments, and some details of where to get spares for the "old" bikes and the racing bits for the Veloce... :lol:

The next edition of the clubs' magazine will carry a range of reports, both as a record for those who went, and for information for other club members.

On top of that, it was a great social event. We all had a typical Italian meal together on the Monday evening, where the wine, water and espresso flowed, as did the conversation. Sunday afternoon and Tuesday were given over to sight-seeing, shopping or - for the die hard motorcyclists - a trip to the Ducati museum! Bologna is a historic and interesting city, and well worth a trip in its' own right - visiting Morini was an additional bonus.

Thanks for all of you who attended, and to Morini for hosting us. Let's hope that we can do it all again in the not too distant future [and that the factory continues production!] - but with even more of us riding down!

But for now; ciao!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"