UK Morini Day

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
SupermotoDave

UK Morini Day

Post by SupermotoDave »

For those looking to fill their diary the club is working on putting together a UK Morini day in conjunction with any participating dealers.
The idea is that on Saturday 14th June we would like as many club members and Morini owners as possible to visit their local dealers and spend some time talking to other owners, either new or old. The dealers should all have a demo bike available and this could be your chance to ride a new one if you have only ridden a 3 1/2 and have not yet been corrupted.
Dealers currently taking part are 3X in Hampshire, North Leicester Motors, Real world at Aberdare, Moto Strada at Shipley and Red Dog at Edenbridge.
If you feel like coming along please let us all know and it will help build momentum!
More details to come!

Supermoto Dave
Morinijen

Post by Morinijen »

Hi Dave. :)

Well, if I can get my 3 1/2 back together again I'll be up for a run down to Red Dog in Edenbridge.

If there is anyone passing through south London on the way down it'd be good to hook up and ride down together.. We can make arrangements nearer the time.

The chance of trying out a new Morini sounds very tempting.. 8)

Jenny.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Morini Day looks like it could be fun - now we need a couple of volunteers for the Yorkshire and South Wales dealers... :) Anyone out there from those areas (apart from Curtis, who will hopefully be able to get along to Real World?)

Red Dog had said that they'd put something on for us - if we know likely numbers a week or so beforehand I'll let them know so that they can get the barbie out (tempting fate for a good w/e there :oops: )

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Everybody;

Looks like we will have existing Morini riders at each of the chosen dealers, and machines to ride as well. For example, the new Avio is available for demo at 3X, and looks very smart in Red and Black.

Participating dealers;
3X at Three Legged Cross, Verwood, Dorset
NLM at Ellistown, Leicester (every Morini rider will know where they are..)
Real World m/c, Aberdare, just south of the town centre
Red Dog, Edenbridge again to the south of the town centre
Moto Strada, Shipley, at the Sidings Industrial Estate, just east of the town centre..

Contact details of all of these are on the Morini web site under Importer / UK dealers

The roads around all of the chosen dealers are great for riding, so this is a good opportunity to meet fellow Morini enthusiasts and at the same time enjoy a run out of the house - lets hope that the weather stays good - this last weekend was fantastic!

Good riding 8)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
NICENSLEAZY

Post by NICENSLEAZY »

Is this still going ahead, anymore news??
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Yes!
Details as above, we have members commited to all the dealers above but not all day, there are more details in ATG(the club mag) due on your doormat ths week. Hopefully Chris will provide a bit more info here as well.
There should be someone to talk to and maybe some other bits depending on whatever the individual members take with them.

David
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

To confirm Davids comments;

MMRC members will be at each of the dealers listed above - some on new bikes, others on the more traditional machines.

There might even be some surprises... Watch this space for more news :)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

The Clubs UK Morini day is now only two weeks away...

For those club members going to one of the five dealers - don't forget to take your camera. Chairman Jem is after photos for ATG of new and old bikes mingling, so get snapping :D

Lets hop that the sun shines and the bikes flow (you know what I mean) but in the main - enjoy :!:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote:The Clubs UK Morini day is now only two weeks away...

For those club members going to one of the five dealers - don't forget to take your camera. Chairman Jem is after photos for ATG of new and old bikes mingling, so get snapping :D

Lets hop that the sun shines and the bikes flow (you know what I mean) but in the main - enjoy :!:

CC
I might even take a ride over to NLM on a 72 degree V-twin :wink:
Not a Buell 1125R though, as the one I threw a leg over a couple of weeks ago was far too much of a sports bike riding position for me.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

anyone going up to NLM for the morini day next weekend from my area (or passing) I live near corby in a small village, which is 20 miles north of northampton and almost slap bang in the middle of peterborough and leicester.

I'm sure we can find some morini friendly roads to get us to NLM...
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

Just to add - Realworld in Aberdare are having an open weekend also on the 14th & 15th.

Not Just Morini's but Benelli, Victory and MV.

test rides available (may need to book)

Includes BBQ, Live band and 'Bikini model bike wash!!'
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Well I had a nice day up at NLM on saturday, and the sun shone all day which is always important!

I'm probably tempting fate by saying this but my Dart is continuing to run beautifully, at this rate I might even be run-in in time for cadwell- only another 1000km before I can take her above 6000 rpm!

I averaged 67 to the gallon on my trip up to NLM and back, which I think is better than i ever had from the last 501 motor. With the fuel prices the way they are, lets hope it stays nice and frugal once I start increasing the revs!