Morini European meeting in France 2017

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
alain76

Morini European meeting in France 2017

Post by alain76 »

Hello,
I'm Alain, the webmaster of the Moto Morini Passion french club.
Every year, we organize our meeting. It's always in a different country. This year, we was in Touraine, near the Loire river.
Next year, i'm the organizer with our president, Philippe Morini (It's his true name !!) we are neighbor. We are located in Normandie, near Le Havre. That's why we would open our meeting to all Morini Club of the world :D .
Le date and the location are defined and we work together in the program. All will be in our website in few month.

I meet some of you during the "coupe Moto Légende" at Dijon. I'll be very happy to see you at Tancarville next year.

MarkB

Re: Morini European meeting in France 2017

Post by MarkB »

Thanks for that Alain. We have plans...!
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

La belle Normandy! J'ai des amis moto a St. Lo.

Voyage facile de Calais.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Or Poole/Portsmouth for us in the Sunny West....have to book in good time as it is Easter weekend.
alain76

Post by alain76 »

You can take the ferry at porthmouth to arrive in le Havre. Tancarville is 30 km of le Havre. It's direct by motorway. If you come from Caen (oustream) it's only 1 hour to go to Tancarville by the A13 motorway. You can also taking the small road in the country and enjoy the Normandy lands :lol:
Other choise, Newheaven Dieppe.
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

The meetings of the French Morini club are definitely worth the travel. The people are friendly, and -like you may expect in France- food and drinks are delicious.

Unlike in UK, Morini was very well known in the 50's and 60's in France, thanks to the importer Gabriel Couturier and riders like Jean-Pierre Beltoise. So the meeting is also the opportunity to see a gallery of the "old" singles: Tresette, GT, Corsaro (including Regolarita) and of course Settebello. We once got a DOHC Rebello, and a German friend often brings his 125 two-stroke. And of course the whole range derived from the 3 1/2, from the 125 to the Coguaro.

There is the possibility to enjoy a ride in the neighbourhood, with some pleasant stops to discover nice places and local specialities... which brings us back to the local gastronomy - "Fruits de Mer", Camembert cheese and Cavados among others. It is also an international meeting from some time, with visitors from Germany, Italy, Belgium and even sometimes Doug Ellis from UK.

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Our French friends are working hard on organizing a wonderful week-end. Here are the most recent infos.

We will be ready to welcome you from Friday evening. A cold meal will wait for you so that everyone will be sure to get food whatever the arrival time. In the course of November we will post more details about how to register and about the various accommodation possibilities.

For people arriving on the Friday evening or Saturday morning and wanting to ride, little road books will be ready for free rides.
Also in the morning of Saturday, the mayor of the city of Tancarville will welcome us (exact time is not yet known).

After a lunch with local food, we will ride to the chalk cliffs. Starting by Yport along typical small roads, and after a break at the seaside, we will proceed along the coast toward the Etretat "falaise d'amont" ("upstream cliff"). This cliff overlooks the town of Etretat and shows a beautiful view to the "falaise d'aval" ("downstream cliff"), famous for his arch and needle.
The return road will be of a different style, showing us another face of the landscape of the "Pays de Caux".
The road of the Tancarville hill climb race will be closed to traffic just for us, as we will be allowed a run in full safety, with sequenced starts. Be careful not to get too much in the game; do not forget that we are on the road. There may be spectators to take photos of us in exaggerated racing crouches.
Later, we will park our smoking motorcycles around the town square for an exhibition, while a music band will be playing.
The evening will end up with a good meal with specialties from the "Pays de Caux".

Sunday morning will be the time for the big game. You will be offered two options.
Option 1: a long ride at sustained speed (70-80km/h) to the site of the Merville battery, near Ouistreham. It was aimed at bombing UK during WW II. There is a set of restored bunkers with a sound and light show - really impressive.
Option 2: a shorter, slower ride (suitable for smaller bikes and less adventurous bikers) to discover the typical Norman farmland with its hedgerows. It will be followed by a meal in Honfleur, this magnificent town full of timbered houses.
In both cases, we leave for the whole day with meal at a restaurant.

Return road will be along the Tancarville Normandy bridge, and there will be a last local meal.

Monday morning will be time to load the bikes and to say goodbye.

In the coming weeks we will add internet links and ideas for those who want to extend their stay in Normandy. Of course, we will be happy to help with advice!

Hope to meet you there!

Bruno
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Brubru wrote:After a lunch with local food, we will ride to the chalk cliffs. Starting by Yport along typical small roads, and after a break at the seaside, we will proceed along the coast toward the Etretat "falaise d'amont" ("upstream cliff"). This cliff overlooks the town of Etretat and shows a beautiful view to the "falaise d'aval" ("downstream cliff"), famous for his arch and needle.
The return road will be of a different style, showing us another face of the landscape of the "Pays de Caux".
The road of the Tancarville hill climb race will be closed to traffic just for us, as we will be allowed a run in full safety, with sequenced starts. Be careful not to get too much in the game; do not forget that we are on the road. There may be spectators to take photos of us in exaggerated racing crouches.
Later, we will park our smoking motorcycles around the town square for an exhibition, while a music band will be playing.
The evening will end up with a good meal with specialties from the "Pays de Caux".

Bruno
Etretat is lovely. I had a ride out to there on one of my 'French Runs' with the biker internet geeks when we visited Caudebec en Caux a few years ago. On my Shiver that year though as the Voxan Roadster had gone back to its land of birth in 2010 :( I was in Honfleur a couple of weeks ago but didn't have time for a meal - on the way back to Le Havre from Bayonne via Perigeux and Angers all by D roads as much as possible - but in a car :(

Can I bring my 375/2C (that I took to Dijon Coupes Moto Legends in 2012) that I used to ride in Course de Cote? I promise to not go mad up the Tancarville hill ;)

The only problem is that the Easter weekend is also Loton Park speed hill climb and I ought to be be riding the Forgotten Era Hill Climb 350 there. I'm now in a dilemma and will keep a close eye on further announcements.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

France in the Spring!

In the diary, all we need to do now is order up some mild weather. It'll be south-west from Calais for us, possibly on the Strada, which has just started a winter refurbishment... :roll: :roll:

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Friday 14th to Monday 17th tickets were £58 return.. Get them now.
morinipablo

Post by morinipablo »

i'm going
see you all there
best ferries to use anyone?
green wheels is going home lol
1979 strada
gsxr 1127 harris magnum
tl 1000s
1982 strada
greenwheels
and a transit for when it all goes wrong
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Use the train. Shame BAF no longer fly from Lydd......
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote:France in the Spring!

In the diary, all we need to do now is order up some mild weather. It'll be south-west from Calais for us, possibly on the Strada, which has just started a winter refurbishment... :roll: :roll:

Good riding,

CC
Did you see my latest email about Mona's Isle next Late Summer? I'll try phoning this evening.
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

72degrees wrote: Can I bring my 375/2C (that I took to Dijon Coupes Moto Legends in 2012) that I used to ride in Course de Cote? I promise to not go mad up the Tancarville hill ;)
As it will just be a temporary road closure for us but not a real race I would guess that your bike would have to be road legal, registered and insured. Unless you leave it on a trailor... :wink:

Bruno
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Brubru wrote:
72degrees wrote: Can I bring my 375/2C (that I took to Dijon Coupes Moto Legends in 2012) that I used to ride in Course de Cote? I promise to not go mad up the Tancarville hill ;)
As it will just be a temporary road closure for us but not a real race I would guess that your bike would have to be road legal, registered and insured. Unless you leave it on a trailor... :wink:

Bruno
Oh it is, it is. I just went out for a ride on it :)