MRC Annual Track Day

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

To anyone thinking of turning up and booking on the day;
Don't forget to have a look at the instructions and booking form

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/thecl ... kdays.html

Tells you what you need to bring (licence) and what you need to wear on the circuit.

Steve
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Yes of course for our international friends!
It just helps no end to know how many we are expecting.

David[/quote]

Sander and i are traveling to Cadwell on the 26th with the Discovery. :D
See you all there.

PS:
Is there a hotel or bed & breakfest nearby? I'm a weener :wink: who stays in hotels and doesn't do camping, and i don't have the equipment to camp (like a tent) or the room for it on the Corsaro for that matter.[/quote]

There are 3 rooms at the Golfers Arms in West Ashby, where we are staying all weekend, but I do not know if they are booked up or not. My local field agent tells me there are 3 hotels in Horncastle, which is close enough to the Golfers to walk to for chips if you are determined.

David
PS band booked for Friday night I think.
Peter V

Post by Peter V »

SupermotoDave wrote:
There are 3 rooms at the Golfers Arms in West Ashby, where we are staying all weekend, but I do not know if they are booked up or not. My local field agent tells me there are 3 hotels in Horncastle, which is close enough to the Golfers to walk to for chips if you are determined.

David
PS band booked for Friday night I think.
Thx David
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Latest Information for those who might be coming or thinking of coming. It's under both headings in case anyone has an autonotification set up for replies.

The format of the weekend is as follows:

Wednesday Start to arrive at the Golfers Arms, only about 5 miles from Cadwell Park Race Track. Prepare yourself mentally and meet old friends in the bar

Thursday Track day at Cadwell Park. We have been running this event for over 25 years and have a deserved reputation in the press for being one of the most relaxing track days with a very wide variety of bikes and a low number of big fast four cylinder machines. If anyone is considering a track day for the first time this would be a very good introduction. We still have plenty of space at £120 per bike and entry forms are available on the website www.morini-riders-club.com. As we have been running this event for so long we are allowed to organize the track groups as we wish and we do run Morini only sessions for our members. We have several foreign riders who have been coming from the continent for many years to this event and we also have a number of entries this year from foreign Corsaro 1200 owners. In the evening we go back to the Golfers Arms to unwind in the bar and perhaps relive the day on video. There should also be a big quiz in the bar.

Friday This is generally a day of rest following our exertions of the previous day, although we will have a Treasure hunt available for those who wish to explore the Lincolnshire countryside – with the added bonus of some cash prizes. We have also been told that we may expect a visit this year from a local TV crew who are keen to find out what a Moto Morini owner is. Possibly a nice quiet day to offer test rides if the thought of the track is too overwhelming. Friday evening we will have a local band performing, and the Golfers Arms will be putting on a curry night.

Saturday This is our big day where we will have our AGM from 11am with a break for lunch, when we traditionally vote for the best bikes in our Morini bike show, with the hope of winning one of our prestigious engraved tankards –will a new Corsaro win best bike?. After this we are having a reinstatement of our popular Motorcycle Gymkhana with obstacle course, slow riding and Motorcycle limbo etc, all in a suitably relaxed atmosphere.

In the evening we will be having the prize giving followed by a barbeque organized by the Golfers Arms and this is free for all Morini Riders Club members and attendees of the AGM.

Sunday Pack up and go home

If you have any queries please contact me by email or phone 0118 9500850, or you might get me on my work number 0118 9826933, or next week on my mobile 07976092703.

Regards

David Marlow
MRC Chairman
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Many thanks to all those who attended both the track day and the AGM.
I would especially like to thank Peter and Sander for making the journey as first timers, and providing most of us with our first view of the new bikes on the road, and on the track. I can only hope that you enjojed yourselves as much as we did. I must also thank Bruno and Hans for their continued support which helps make our event so enjoyable and gives it an international flavour.

We will try to put out a full report on both the trackday and the AGM in the next copy of ATG, with a bit of a write up on the website as well.
Anyone who attended is welcome to make any suggestions either through the forum or direct to me.

Sorry if I did not catch everyone else who was there, I am always ready to chat if you stop me unless I am on a mission at the time, but you have to make yourself known to me as I am easier to find than you.

See you all next year

David
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
Peter V

A Tutto Gas

Post by Peter V »

Well i must thank you all, who is working here at the Morini club. I was very pleasantly surprised with an envelope from the UK, which contained The Morini Riders Club Magazine "A Tutto Gas". Thank you very much. Nice reading and some good photo's of the meeting. Looking forward to the next issue. What can i say more then i enjoyed the weekend a lot. Maybe until next year.

Peter
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

I usually wander around the paddock at Cadwell while everyone is having their lunch break and photograph any bikes that catch my eye, usually Euro-Motos. We always have a lot of strange machines that are not normally seen at a track day.

This year's photos can be found here http://www.morini-riders-club.com/thecl ... y2006.html

I'm no expert on old Brit iron so if anyone can shed any light on some of the bikes I will update the captions.

Steve