Manx GP

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Morini Rich

Manx GP

Post by Morini Rich »

Are there any plans for MRC members to get together at the Manx GP this year?

If not - what about it? I've never been to the island before so can't suggest a meeting venue but if anyone is going - post your name up and lets see if there is any interest.

Thats if I get the bike fixed! (See my posting in 'Off Road Bikes')

Cheers

Richard
Ballacraine

Post by Ballacraine »

Hi

Sorry, I only just spotted this post :roll: If anybody is coming THIS year.

Well, I shall be around....... :wink:

There are a few regular places for meets, but as we are likely to be so few, I suggest we tag onto my friend across the road who runs the Benelli meet. He usually uses the Crosby,which is a fairly central spot with a large car park.

We shouldn't forget the Centennial TT either for that matter! :D

Nige. 8)
In faecorum semper solum profundum variat.
Morini Rich

Post by Morini Rich »

Thanks for the reply but I won't be going this year but currently negotiating with 'er indoors for a return in 2008! Prices for the Centenary TT this year sounded outrageous and smacked of profiteering by those in the tourist industry. Manx GP had a really nice laid back atmosphere anyway.
I actually bumped into a few Morinis (and their owners) by accident anyway. One was actually a local and chatted for a while at Braddan Bridge where he was marshalling on the last day (wasn't you was it?). By the way how many Morinis do you think there are resident on the island?

It was my first visit to the island and what a great experience. For those who have never been - go before its too late!

Just two questions remain:
1. Why did it take me until the age of 45 to go for the first time?
2. Can I get back before they ban it on health and safety grounds?

Rich
Ballacraine

Post by Ballacraine »

Aye it doesn't have to be the TT, although it will be a particularly big splash in the centenary year.

Profiteering? Always an unfortunate element at any TT....It is sure to be especially so this year :(

To put a little balance in the issue though, for the rest of the year there is little tourist trade to keep the industry going. Not condoning it, just putting forward a contributary reason. Transit costs have been a killer for many years, and your average package deal to somewhere sunny often wins.

Manx Grand Prix is always nicer, less busy and classic racing on the Mountain Course too.

Southern 100 in mid July is worth a look. Held on the Billown Course in the South of the Island just a couple of miles from my home. Real road racing again, down country roads and with a grid start. The outfits are particularly spectacular :shock:

The place itself is still magical to me, desite the number of years I have lived here.

No it wasn't me....I still haven't got mine road legal yet. I wouldn't think there are that many...Maybe half a dozen or so, I would guess. :?

Banning it?....Well they have been rattling on about that since WW2! :D

While there are enough people to fill the grids and enough marshals, like me,....It will soldier on. 8)

Nige. 8)
Morini Rich

Post by Morini Rich »

You're right the local businesses need to stay in business or we'll have nowhere to stay, but I heard some rumours about v. high Steam Packet prices.

Yes I saw the grid markings on the road as I went over them by accident one day. Looked like it would be the kind of mass start 'Real Road Racing' you see in Ireland a lot.

Rich
Ballacraine

Post by Ballacraine »

It is....

Although, by Irish Road Race standards, it is a motorway! :wink:

I'm off to the Ulster GP again this year!

Nige 8)
Morini Rich

Manx GP

Post by Morini Rich »

Well having broken my duck in 2006 I'm going back this year and would be happy to meet up with any MRC members who are going.
Only problem is I'll be on my Guzzi this time :wink: the Morini is a bit poorly.
The Italian Motorcycle Owners Club normally meet once during the week and this could be a good place - does anyone know where they are meeting this time - and when.

Regards

Richard