36. internacional german meeting 2016

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
norbert

36. internacional german meeting 2016

Post by norbert »

Now it´s oficial:

The next german morini-meeting will be from 17. to 19. June 2016.
It will hapen in the deep southwest in the Black Forrest in 78120 Furtwangen-Rohrbach.

So you can begin to ask permissions from all the authorities that surround you :wink:

norbert
corsaro chris

Re: 36. internacional german meeting 2016

Post by corsaro chris »

Gran Passo at the Porta Nigra, Trier in July 2015
Gran Passo at the Porta Nigra, Trier in July 2015
DSC05918.JPG (856.7 KiB) Viewed 26882 times
Norbert;

Ha!

I feel a Morini Adventure coming on... I think that it's a good area for UK Morini riders to visit; not too far and very good roads. And plenty of time to plan a trip and find some stop-over points. Germany - turn left halfway down France or run along the Ardenne and past Trier (stopping off in Luxembourg for cheap fuel)?

[img][img][img][/img][/img][/img]

Can you reccomend any good hotels, I don't think that we will get away with suggesting camping!!!

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Count me in.
jb666

Post by jb666 »

That's brilliant Norbert!!

Count me in and it will be nice to have some company. I'll see Mike at Folkestone again but on the same train!!

Chris, I enjoy the outdoorsy stuff but I appreciate Diane and yourself like your comforts. Perhaps I'll camp in the car park of your hotel!!

John.
norbert

Post by norbert »

If anybody wants to take a longer ride, shipping to Santander:
I´ll intent to manipulate the spansh meeting, so that it will be one week before :wink:

Need some kind of piggyback to the south of france, then visiting my mother in law in Madrid, the spanish morinada, probably the ferry Barcelona-Genova, pasing the alpes, german meeting in the Black Forrest an back home to the baltic sea. To me it sounds like a nice thing to do. We´ll see wether the bike is finished til then :roll:

norbert
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

excellent Norbert could be an opportunity to meet with some of us from northern Italy have always been curious to visit the Black Forest :D
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

760 miles from home - 500 (800kms) from Calais...

A stop on the Mosel(le) would be good.

Thinking of getting a Thursday train about 9ish - 10.30 arrival in France, heading into Belgie and south to Luxembourg for an overnight stay in Deutschland....

Continuing through France to Baden Baden and the B500 - all the way to the venue.... :)

Return via the Eifel mountains overnight.... blighty on Monday.

Any takers?
devon wrinklie

Post by devon wrinklie »

norbert wrote:Now it´s oficial:

The next german morini-meeting will be from 17. to 19. June 2016.
It will hapen in the deep southwest in the Black Forrest in 78120 Furtwangen-Rohrbach.

So you can begin to ask permissions from all the authorities that surround you :wink:

norbert
Leave application submitted and approved, so looking forward to it already. Just need to sort out ferries, accommodation and probably a new set of tyres. Based on current weather B & B may be preferable to the tent.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

This is looking to be the 2016 Overseas Trip for the UK Morini Riders; six already including a couple from the Berks, Bucks and Oxon section, plus a couple more from the esteemed Committee. It would be great to meet up with some of the Italian Morini riders as well, so look forward to seeing you there Giumorin!

With a far more comfortable bike than Mike, we'll probably take a couple of overnight stops on the way down*, but the second will be in the area of the upper Moselle valley, crossing in to Germany south of Strasbourg (possibly via Lahr?); so two groups riding in to the venue on the Friday; those taking the whole of the B500 south from Baden Baden (one of Bikes' Ten Best Roads) and those just hooking up for the southern part... It's well-policed, according to those who've already ridden it, but well worth the experience. The hotel I fancy staying at near the Treffen is in Villingen - but then I'm a southern softie!

Good riding for 2016

CC

*Overnight Wednesday near Cambrai, and Thursday just west of Strasbourg?
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Chris,

Iron Butt here...

I am also looking at Hotels in the vicinity of Wankfurten.

Norbert, do you know the location where the Treffen will be held, please? I would like a hotel in walking distance, otherwise I will take the tent.

Getting old, so prefer a mattress and a toilet close by!

B500 is a great road. The part from Baden-Baden is superb. Yes there are Polizei, but there are also idiots on bikes. I took the Kanguro and it was great, just needed another 10 hp... MM501 on the B500 anyone? I want to ride the section from near Freudenstadt.

That be France on t'other side of the Rhein from the B500

Mike.
norbert

Post by norbert »

That sounds good and I hope to see you in the black forrest :P

Here is a posting in our forum talking about acomodations close to the meeting place for those who don´t want to sleep in a tent:
http://ital-web.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6985

I hope to come along with Dulcinea. Still waiting for the right motor and all the electric stuff to be done. Well, after that there is also left the problem with the Tüv and paperwork :roll:
k-DSCI0262.JPG
k-DSCI0262.JPG (75.09 KiB) Viewed 26545 times
ciao norbert
miguel

Post by miguel »

Hi guys,
I haven't met anyone from the forum yet so this sounds like a great way to do it. Hopefully her in doors will agree :oops:
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I think this has got to be done! Is anyone else going on a proper Morini, without all this new-fangled water-cooling? Mike, perhaps we can hook up for the journey?

Miguel, the first time I met anyone from the club was when I took the Strada to the 2010 Dutch rally which was a great experience in excellent company.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Yes, good idea.

I'm hoping to be air cooled.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mecure (HOTEL AM FRANZISKANER) booked in Villingen for the nights of 17th - 18th, and a couple beyond, as it looks an interesting base from which to explore the region. I know a couple of other UK-based riders are also staying there; reasonably close to the Treffen venue, but not close enough to walk (stagger) back after an evening... :wink:

All we need to do now is sort out the trip there and back...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"