South East meet up ?

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
acemorini

South East meet up ?

Post by acemorini »

I was just wondering how many members live in the South east region, Sussex, Surrey and Kent and fancy meeting up fo a coffee and a chat every now and then.
Regards Pete.
MarkB

Re: South East meet up ?

Post by MarkB »

Pete, I know there's a fair contingent of Morini owners in your area and I hope you manage to arrange some successful meetings. For the north Home Counties I got a good response by saying where and when the meeting would be (coinciding with the local VMCC monthly meetings so that even if there aren't many Morinis, there are plenty of other interesting machines.) If you send a message to the editor of ATG he can include it in the next edition, due out soon (or PM me and I'll forward it to him). Good luck, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

If it's an interesting place and easy to get to from the Thames Valley I'll ride over and show off with my new bike... (that'll put people off :( ) Just make it reasonably soon so that the weather doesn't get too bad!

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hey Chris, tell us what colour it is! (Have you taken delivery yet?)
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
pedro

Post by pedro »

Hi Pete,
I'm in Kent, not too far from the borders of either Surrey or Sussex and would certainly be interested in a meet up with fellow Morini enthusiasts.
jb666

Post by jb666 »

I'm up for a meet - used to go to The Swan in Crayford in the 80's (now a phone shed on a retail park) but down in the countryside now!! Just need to get one of the bikes running otherwise it will be Fiat power!

Funnily enough those that remember The Swan and the clocktower nearby - the clock is still there as it disguises a pumphouse for either water or waste!! They knocked everything else down but had to fit the golden arches around it!!
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

I suppose the main problem with a meet up is the time of year, what's everyone's thoughts now or in the spring ?
Regards Pete.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Pete;

Surely some time left before winter sets in, especially down here in the sunny south??? There is a Club meet near Chichester, so Kent / Sussex / London borders seems best? Where would we suggest that's handy and interesting to ride to...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Kings Arms, Offham, Kent.
-------------------------------------------------------

Mike.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

The Kings Arms, in Offham sounds ok, as Pedro is in Tonbridge and jb666 is in Ashford and Offham is about 1 hour away from me, just need a date and times ?
Regards Pete.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

If you made it the 25th October (a Sunday) at noon I could get there. Then again, you might want to choose another Sunday so that I couldn't!!! :lol:

Weekends at midday are good at this time of year as people have a chance to get there on a 'bike (as long as it's not raining or snowing, of course). In or close to cities you don't want an evening in midweek, unless it's relatively easy to get to - like the Mawsons Arms used to be at Chiswick back in the 80s / early 90s... the Fullers Brewery tap house there is now closed, alas.

I used to work just down the road from Offham, at Borough Green, and stayed in Offham for six months back in 1982 - all so long ago now!

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
jb666

Post by jb666 »

Sounds like a good plan. I'm up for it - looking like Fiat power though!
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

I work most weekends, but at the moment the 25 th October is free, so shall we fix that as a date ? And 12 noon meet up ?
Hopefully nothing will come in and clash.
Regards Pete.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Kings Arms sounds good to me, incidentally the previous Sunday 18th, is the Offham rally, a fantastic event, not officially organized to avoid insurance issues and policing, but everybody knows about it and will just turn up in the morning, everybody includes traction engines, old bikes/ new bikes/scooters/ old buses/vintage cars/ custom cars, it is brilliant, usually me and one other Morini who's owner I am yet to catch up with. This year it clashes with Stafford so I won't make it but I would really recommend that if you can get there, go. Just don't try to pass through the village if you are not going to the show, it could take a long time. The Kings Arms usually lays on a hog roast/burgers etc. There is some stuff about the event on the web if you google it, including some youtube footage.
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

The Offham rally sounds very good, unfortunately the 18th is really busy so I am unable to attend, see you all on the 25th.
Regards Pete.