Mechanics Show - Stafford 17th & 18th October

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Mechanics Show - Stafford 17th & 18th October

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

The club have a stand once again at the Stafford Show, scheduled for the weekend of 17th & 18th October.
The gates open each day at 9am and you can find us on the balcony in the main hall, stand B112.
As always there will be plenty of technical help on hand, with the usual friendly welcome to one and all.
On the stand this year we have two drum brake Strada's, a Valentini, 3 1/2 sport , 9 1/2 and a Corsaro Veloce.
Visitors will also have the chance of purchasing a selection of club products, many at show prices. Also exclusive to the
show we have a limited number of 2016 track day calendar for sale. These calendars (A3) feature a selection of images taken
at our track day at Cadwell on 11th June.
Hope you see you there.

Regards

Paul
MarkB

Re: Mechanics Show - Stafford 17th & 18th October

Post by MarkB »

Looking forward to the Stafford show: my Strada's on its way north to the club stand, thanks to EV Guru, and I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

There be Monsters in t' north. Mind how you go.. Stafford is the Midlands so should be ok..

I'm not visiting this year, I'm afraid. :(
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I'm aiming to go on Saturday but it will be on a Gilera GFR as the wee vee is only just back to running again (see other post) and I fancy going on something suitably period rather than the Corsaro.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Back from another successful Stafford :D ,

Thanks for all that helped out.
Great team effort.
As always plenty of visitors to the club stand, with questions regarding their Morini's.
Hopefully Mark will post a picture of the stand/bikes on display.

Thanks again.

Paul
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

That was a very enjoyable weekend, with some excellent bacon baps, sausage baps and pork pies, and an interesting selection of bikes to admire. Many thanks Paul for organising the stand and everyone who helped by bringing bikes, setting up and taking down the stand and talking to the many visitors we had over the two days. I think the theme this year was Old and New, Red and Blue (and Jim's very menacing Corsaro in black).

I've been photobombed by that blue Strada again...

"I'll have a V please, Bob."
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

It was an excellent stand with lots of helpful people, not to mention the coffee and cake. Having organised Gilera Network and NHCA stands at that show in years gone by I know how much work has to go in to it. Well done to all involved.

I talked to Dynatek and Sachse about ignition strategies on the 2C/375 where there isn't much space for two of even the smallest Dynacoils. Some alternative coil primary resistance testing will be needed. Still, the NLM module and OEM red pickup are working again now so all I really need is a spare pickup. Seems I must have fooled myself in to putting on the spare I had with me incorrectly near the Liverpool pier head and assumed something else had failed. The moral is "if at first you don't succeed try things the other way round".

The wee vee was running but not rideable so I went on a GFR125. Just as well, as the queue of cars in the morning was phenomenal. The chap behind me said how he had enjoyed the rare whiff of 2T as we arrived. It was going well, but as I suspected my knees, shoulders and elbows were complaining by the time I got home and my left thigh got cramp. Not looking good for doing the VMCC Classic TT parade on it when it is 25 years old in 2018 - I'll just have to take the "250ish" again. I'm looking forward to my ride on the club bike in due course. I had thought it would not be on because my usual insurance doesn't give CIHAGM cover, but I've realised the policy for recently acquired ER6-n does.

There seemed to be plenty of interest in the 72 degrees twins and quite a lot in the 89 degree ones. I suspect Stuart may have some visitors at NLM this week.
"Keeping Morinis on the Road" says it all :)
exoticices

Post by exoticices »

I though the stand was excellent. A good selection of bikes and space to move around. Well done and thanks to all concerned. I didn't get any coffee though!

(72degrees): I saw your Gilera in the bike park; it looked superb. It looks quite big, relatively speaking for a 125 - more 250/400 size, but it also looks quite racey so I can understand if it gives short shrift to aging bones & muscles! Still, it's great to see bikes like that out and about.
John
https://www.facebook.com/xiaomei.griffiths
In a fifty mile race I am the best, I ride five miles and skid the rest.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

exoticices wrote:I though the stand was excellent. A good selection of bikes and space to move around. Well done and thanks to all concerned. I didn't get any coffee though!

(72degrees): I saw your Gilera in the bike park; it looked superb. It looks quite big, relatively speaking for a 125 - more 250/400 size, but it also looks quite racey so I can understand if it gives short shrift to aging bones & muscles! Still, it's great to see bikes like that out and about.
Founder member's privileges ;)

The GFR is a bit 'challenging' to ride far for me these days. I managed to go out on three other bikes today for short rides without suffering too much - though still not on the 2C/.375 as I haven't finished tidying up the ignition connections yet. The Corsaro 1200 is OK once it's moving but I have to be careful where I park it or struggle. The KTM 250EXC is manic but very light. Great fun in small doses but only 50 miles tank range anyway. The ER6 is the one I could do the most miles on.

Talking of Morinis round here I've seen one twice in the last week or so very close to home on the Penn Road and Warstones Road - was it you?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

MarkB,

Maybe you could move the Valentini and the Corsaro next time so we can see more of the blue 'un... do you know who owns it, it looks very nice....? :lol:
exoticices

Post by exoticices »

72degrees wrote:Talking of Morinis round here I've seen one twice in the last week or so very close to home on the Penn Road and Warstones Road - was it you?
Possibly, I was out last week, but Seisdon/Trysull way to Bridgnorth & Powys. Black 500 Sport. I've been thinking of seeing if there's interest in a monthly(ish) W.Mids/Shrops/Powys meet. But worried that everyone is shocked at the sight of a Morini at Tony's Diner so two or three may set off some heart attacks!
John
https://www.facebook.com/xiaomei.griffiths
In a fifty mile race I am the best, I ride five miles and skid the rest.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

exoticices wrote:
72degrees wrote:Talking of Morinis round here I've seen one twice in the last week or so very close to home on the Penn Road and Warstones Road - was it you?
Possibly, I was out last week, but Seisdon/Trysull way to Bridgnorth & Powys. Black 500 Sport. I've been thinking of seeing if there's interest in a monthly(ish) W.Mids/Shrops/Powys meet. But worried that everyone is shocked at the sight of a Morini at Tony's Diner so two or three may set off some heart attacks!
This was a red 350 Sport I'm fairly sure.

I had a sausage butty at the Food Stop just across the road from Tony's yesterday. I quite often do a run there and back via different routes for lunch on a pleasant day. The 2C/375 has made a couple of visits there this year. The weather is going off too much to probably tempt me out again much before next spring but if you name a day on here some time I'll turn up if I can.

It's running OK again now and I've done some overdue making good of perished grommets and exposed cables. Heat shrink tube is excellent. Just got to address the cracked instrument binnacle (Holts' plastic bumper filler to the rescue) and make a more substantial horn bracket (the TT over the mountain runs vibration got to it) and it will be back in action. Might even take it out this Sunday if the present forecast holds.