Bristol Italian Auto Festval

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Curtis

Bristol Italian Auto Festval

Post by Curtis »

April 26th
Italian bikes welcome - see here, sounds like a good day out.

http://www.rsvr.net/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2960

As its only across the bridge from me, if the weather's good I'll try and make it. Would be good to see other Morini's

Rich
Last edited by Curtis on 16 Apr 2008 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

It's already in the site diary - doh!

If you do want to enter your bike you'll need to email here:

http://pages.123-reg.co.uk/geraldines-2 ... k/id1.html

Rich

edited to say the above link is for the 2006 event....not doing a good job of this!

cant find any link for 2008 entry yet.
Last edited by Curtis on 24 Jan 2008 18:54, edited 2 times in total.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Seriously, this is a fantastic event, I spent the day there last year and was saddend to be the only morini there. You will spend the day drooling over some fantastic two and four wheeled machines.

Unfortunately I won't be there this year as I foolishly booked my honeymoon without realising the clash...
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Young Tom - do you mean to say that there are things other than Morinis? And you could have shown off that Corsaro too...

:wink:

Certainly hope that there will be a few Morinis there this year - where is a good place to meet up?
TORTUGA

Post by TORTUGA »

This event is free and bikes need not register if being ridden to the festival, you only need to register bikes if you are bringing them on a trailer. There is a ride in from junction 19 of the M5 motorway, at the Easton In Gordano services. The meet is at 0900 with a departure of 0930 sharp. Whilst it is organised by the area Ducati owners groups, any Italian bike marque is welcome to join in the fun. :mrgreen:

Hope to see some of you there. 8)

PS THE EVENT IS SATURDAY 26TH APRIL 2008
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long
bikesian65

Bristol show/meet

Post by bikesian65 »

Is there anyone in Cornwall going? - my K2 needs about 3 days work - i need a kick up the A*** - this could be the required incentive!
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I am undecided as yet whether to go to this or the Stafford show, my decision may depend on the weather.Consider this a kick up the A.
Speaking of which I am glad to see my chimney has not found its way through my garage roof this morning,but there is worse to come I gather. I am off to Crediton in a jiffy ( a tree lined route in part) to get my R60 MOT'd so it may be an interesting ride back.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All;

It looks like this years event (on Saturday 26th April) is going to be busy, go to this link for further details,

http://www.aroc-uk.com/gloucesterandsouth/BIAMF.asp

and click on BIAMF in the navigation bar.

There will be many more Ducati than Morini - but a free beer to the one who guesses how many Morini will park in :?: Clare Street, which seems to be where the 'bikes gather... :)

CC
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Event is this coming Saturday - anyone else from the MRC going?

At least one Corsaro and a Dart - can we get more that three Corsaros - the record number seen in one place away from a dealer or track day...

Come on - lets USE these things :wink:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

If the weather is not too bad I should be going

- is everyone here doing the ride in from Gordano services with the ducati crowd?
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Curtis;

As I live east of Bristol and will be arriving late (Its a family habit...) I'll just come straight in down the M32... :oops:

Hopefully some of the locals will do the ride in - it should be fun :)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

To all those that missed the day;

THe Bristol Auto Day was great - I was late and so missed some of the other riders, but the weather and ride down were both fantastic :!: At least my boy got the Corsaro down, so I was there in spirit at least :wink:. Some of the cars - Lancia, Fiat and Alfas - were just so amazing (we're all too used to Ferrari)...

Looks like this is set to be a regular event in the MM calendar - see you all next year?

Pictures to wet the appitite will be in ATG

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
thorkill the tall

Post by thorkill the tall »

What happened to all the Morinis?
I only saw four, three 3½s and a Neo-Corsaro, parked in a gaggle close to a rather interesting Aermacchi.

The same can be said for most of the other Italian makes, too.
Precious few Guzzis, Laverda, or Benellis. I didn't see even one Gilera.

The whole event was more of a Ducati Club meeting as far as bikes were concerned - hundreds of 'em, all the same colour with the same carbon fibre add-ons. It was like being in a hall of mirrors.

The cars were pretty interesting though, especially the little Fiats :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Thorkill; Given that the event is "supported" by the Ducati club, a row of bikes just out of the showroom shouldn't surprise. At least they were kept out of the way...

Five Morinis at one place at one time is good for us - but why don't we aim for twice as many next year? After all, last year there was one, this year 8 over the day (including at least one other not parked with the main bunch).

There are some great motorcycling roads around Bristol, the beers good, and even the greasy spoon cafe my boy found served a decent bacon sandwich :)

Not only that, but away from the crowded Ducatis there were some interesting 'bikes, and cars as you rightly say.

Good riding, anway :D

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

Chris,

Just checked the pics on my phone - we actually reached a peak of 6!

4 on the pavement and 2 on the road.

If you have a search on google there is actually a brief glimpse of the Morinis on a utube video somewhere (when we revved up at 11).

Great day out, nice to meet some of u.

The only downer was that my left hand was in agony by the time I got out of Bristol, didn't really notice the heavy clutch on my Corsaro before, but so much very slow traffic and lights everywhere gave it a real workout.

Rich