The Club Bike Relay Tour

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MickeyMoto

Re: The Club Bike Relay Tour

Post by MickeyMoto »

I have a video of the lap. The interesting part is from Ramsey to Douglas.

The rest is an expletive-filled rant at trucks and slow cars...

It will never win any prizes, but the 15 minutes across the mountain are an artistic pleasure.

Stephen Spielberg.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

The bike is resting in my garage having been washed and the chain lubed.

I am away from Monday so please somebody come and collect it. A waste otherwise. I can deliver, live near Harrogate.

Mike.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Is it due to come south(ish) to the midlands any time soon? I ought to have done a lap, I suppose, but selfishly opted for riding the 2C/375 across the mountain a couple of times. In any case, I need to check my various bike policies to see if I have "Can I Have a Go Mate" cover, and I'd also have to decant a machine to a shed for a while to be able to garage it, as the garage vacuum effect seems to have kicked in again.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I received a bollocking from the Director of Household Services as she could't get her bicycle out today...
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Only one bicycle? That would be a great help. Mine has three of the things, though one folds up and the most used one usually lives in the hall.

Anyway, a massive shuffle around of machines, wheels and parts has made some room. That's mostly, I confess to accommodate the new two up, bimbling duties, ER6-N that I pick up on Wednesday. I decided the Corsaro1200 is just too much fun when I'm in the mood for it, so it is reprieved for a while. I shan't be trying any more long trips loaded up with luggage though and SWMBO refuses to even try sitting on it. She has, however, given the seal of approval to the Kwak by actually coming on the back for part of the test ride I had.

The even better news is that the insurance policy for that (had to take at an extra one because Footman James will only cover one modern bike on their multibike classic plus modern deal) definitely gives Third party cover for CIHAGM on other bikes. Is that sufficient to borrow the club Strada?
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi pete,

Anne is the best bet for any advice.

It will have to be next Saturday at the earliest now.

Took it for another 40 miles yesterday. It is so pleasant to ride.

Even got yhe DoHS looking to ride one now... :)
-------------------------------------------------------

Mike.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Is it snowing north of York now?

Greenhow Hill looking towards Pateley Bridge. Bike flew up the hill.

Looking towards Harrogate on the Beckwithshaw to Norwood road.

Any other takers?
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

MickeyMoto wrote:Hi pete,

Anne is the best bet for any advice.

It will have to be next Saturday at the earliest now.

Took it for another 40 miles yesterday. It is so pleasant to ride.

Even got yhe DoHS looking to ride one now... :)
OK, I'll put in a formal request to be on the schedule and ask about insurance.
It's a long since I had a ride on a bike with a standard Strada engine. I didn't like the cam in the K2 but have happy memories of the 2C when it first got the Strada power plant (but with Sport pistons to be fair). I've got an unmolested 1977 350 Strada engine under the bench, but it despite being very mechanically quiet it would have to be rebuilt as in a very un-Morini like way it started weeping oil from the crankcase joint once liberated from the frame. Something else to keep me busy over the winter I suppose.

When I bought the K2 it was as a possible bike for SWMBO. Just a bit too heavy and a bit high in the seat for her though so she swapped her Yamaha RXS100 for a Honda CB250 Nighthawk. I don't think she would want to ride any bike these days but getting her back on the pillion is an achievement.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

This could be your chance to ride the club Strada, which is now over half way through its anniversary tour of the UK. It's currently in Coventry and has bookings in Bury St.Edmunds and Norwich, so if you can help it get in the right direction and enjoy some quality riding, please get in touch via the 40 years address given earlier, or contact me.

Regards, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

It seems that West Midlands to East Anglia was a bit optimistic, but the club Strada's still in the Coventry area and I believe will be at Stafford at showtime later this month. If you're a club member local to those areas and would like to try the simple pleasures of an early Strada, do get in touch, especially now that the weather's getting nice and springy.
pedro

Post by pedro »

If it ever gets down the South East I would love to put some miles on her.
Pete
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Pete;

I'll ride it down to Offham for you - when I get my hands on it (possibly post-Stafford or AGM...)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
pedro

Post by pedro »

Thanks Chris, might be an excuse for a meet up with the other south eastern riders!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Pete, the club bike might feel a little bit different from your other blue 'Strada!' It's good simple fun, so I hope you get the chance to try it.