The Club Bike Relay Tour

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MarkB

The Club Bike Relay Tour

Post by MarkB »

As the first step of the round the country tour for the club bike, which has been resurrected by EV Guru, he brought it round to me last week. I put a new pair of tyres on and then had to scrub the new tyres in. Well, it took 80 miles, and the mileage ticked up to 37,000 while I was out having fun around the Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire countryside. Next stage for the bike is the trackday and Lincolnshire ride-out this coming week, and if you are a club member you can probably arrange to have a ride either then, or later in the year. Here's the bike having a breather on the lovely road from Hitchin to Barton-le-Clay.

"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Captain B

Re: The Club Bike Relay Tour

Post by Captain B »

Nice pic, and a nice looking bike too! Will hopefully get a chance to ride her on part of the Scottish leg of the journey later in the year. Maybe even at the IOM?

Cheers,

Iain
Iain
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

The bike will definitely be at the IoM - so register for the ride (details in the current copy of ATG, just out) - or help it on the Scottish leg later in the year! As a handy additional benefit, you'll be able to get together with other Club members at the Classic (meeting at where The Highlander was mid-morning on the Sunday) or at one of the other planned events; or just pass the bike among yourselves up in Scotland - but don't forget to ride it Southwards again!!!

See you on the road

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

The club bike has now stretched its legs at Cadwell and round the Lincolnshire Wolds, and is currently in Burton in the West Midlands. It'll be at the VMCC Founder's Day in Leicestershire on Sunday 19th July, and we ideally need to get it from there down to Reading. If anyone is able to help transport or ride it, even if only for part of the way, please let me know and we can discuss a possible plan.

Cheers, Mark.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Mark, can I help please? It's about time I rode another Morini and it would be nice to compare with my own bike that is about to go back on the road! I am going to Founders day and live less than 10 miles from there. Willing to help by riding or trailering etc.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

That would be great Steve. I'll send you a PM. Regards, Mark.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

How do I book a day in the IoM, please? I'll try and set the quickest Morini lap! :)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Details including an e-mail address in the last copy of ATG, Mike!

See you there...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

ooh, ok. I'm looking at Laverda bits at the moment - I'll reacquaint myself.

Thanks....
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

The club Strada is now safely in my garage and the oily rag service has been begun. I will wash the dust off tomorrow and do my best to pretty her up ready for this Sunday at Stanford Hall.
Have already taken a ride round the block, :D and as I live in the sticks the smallest block is 10 miles round. I didn't go round that block though...
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Many thanks for your help Steve. My run round the block on the club bike took about 100 miles... Sorry I couldn't make Founders Day - important family matters got in the way (the dim sum was excellent!)
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Mark-no thanks required, I'm enjoying this lovely little Strada! Glad you enjoyed your family meal too, bound to be better than the catering vans yesterday. For the record, I didn't see another MRC member there either. I'd best get the next leg of the relay organised before I get too attached to the bike...
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Glad you enjoyed your time with it Steve.

The bike's now in Reading, ready for some duty around the western Home Counties.

There's a good article in the latest Classic Bike Guide, with Paul Compton describing what he did to resurrect the bike.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Just to let everyone know that the club Strada will be at the MRC's next Berks Bucks & Oxon meeting on Wednesday next week, 19th August, at the Bell Inn, Aldworth RG8 9SE, near Reading.

If any club member would like a ride, or just the chance to admire the lovely patina, just turn up with your licence and insurance. Please send me a PM if you'd like further details.

Regards

Mark
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

After a highly successful tour of the Isle of Man, including a blinding lap of the Mountain Course in 1hr 10mins, the club Strada is back in the north of England. It's now in Warrington and will then travel to the Harrogate area of Yorkshire, and if any club member would like to sample its delights, it'll be available from around 20th September if we can prise it from Mickymoto's hands. It's a simple delight to ride and nearly everyone who's ridden it on its trip round the UK has a thoughtful smile on their face and says something like 'I need one of those for the garage.'

You just need to be covered on your own insurance, and details of how to claim a ride are in the latest ATG, or PM me and I'll put you in touch. Here's a picture of Anne riding off the Steam Packet ferry as we returned to Liverpool on Saturday.