Classic TT 2015 - Celebrating our 40th Birthday!

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
corsaro chris

Classic TT 2015 - Celebrating our 40th Birthday!

Post by corsaro chris »

The UK Morini Riders Club was founded at The Highlander on the Isle of Man on Mad Sunday of TT week back in 1975; so next year will be the Club's 40th birthday. (Simon Pancheri, the Founder, wrote to MCN and suggested that those interested in forming a Riders Club meet up over there).

We thought that it would be nice to celebrate that in a number of ways - one of which would be to have a gathering at the original venue. Now, The Highlander is no more, and more Morini riders get to the Classic TT than the June event, so the Sunday of the Classic event (August 30th) seems like a good alternative. We'll sort out further details nearer to the event, so this is just a "heads up" to make sure that those who might be interested are aware of the plans.

If you've never been to the IoM, then this is a great excuse to go. You'll be able to meet up with other Morini riders, and we'll have two or three meetings to guide you gently along the spirit of the Island, including where to wave to the Fairies (oh yes). Booking accommodation and Ferries is important - I might have made up some of the first sentence (but not waving to the Fairies), but best timings and bed hotels / bed and breakfasts go quickly. I would suggest that if you have never been before you speak to those that have, and get a small group (two or three) together for the week. Book up as soon as you can, as we as a Club cannot organise a single booking.

The first race is on Saturday 29th August 2015, with several more over the next week - details can be found on the Manx website, and I will post more information soon.

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MarkB

Re: Classic TT 2015 - Celebrating our 40th Birthday!

Post by MarkB »

Count me in Chris! The Isle of Man is high on my list of things I must do, and this will be the perfect excuse. Regards, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Captain B

Post by Captain B »

A few friends and I have just booked our ferry for the Classic TT, but it seems places on the best sailings are filling up fast. If you can get across there you'll be sure to enjoy it, as over the years the local section of the VMCC have made great efforts to turn what was the Manx GP into a real event for classic bikes of all ages. I'm looking forward to it and will be there on the 3 and a half Sport, which I took over last year.
Iain
Iain
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Iain;

Good to hear that you'll be over on the Island for the Classic next year. Be sure to call in on us for the 40th celebrations - there will be more details in the next ATG (and I understand from Mr. Editor that it's on the way to the printers even as I type this on a wet and windy Thursday afternoon in England...).

This means that there are half a dozen Morini riders already committed to going next year; will we get up to a higher number than turned up for the inaugural meeting, I wonder? :lol:

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Booked a ferry 28th August - 3rd September a very reasonable 126 of our pounds.

Where are people staying?
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mike;

A group of us are staying in Douglas, not too great a distance from the Grandstand. Where did you stay for your last visit?

It'll be good to see you there (or even at the Reading Pie Night...)

Chris
"I'll use the Morini"
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

For those of us far away (I'm in NZ) I think you owe us a photo of massed ranks of Morini in the shape of a "40".
Cheers,
DD
MRC 3082½
Jem

Post by Jem »

Thinking that it will be worth taking a van over with 2-3 bikes.

The ferry costs are cheaper, we share the hassle of the drive up & ferry, have plenty of room for luggage (my woman will fly there but will want her riding gear...) and ultimately have a rescue vehicle if any bikes fail to make their way.

Any takers for a space in a van leaving from Bristol? Haven't worked out the costs but it will be share amongst all of us.

Jem

ps. if you want a rescue vehicle afterwards it will cost you double!
devon wrinklie

Post by devon wrinklie »

Yes please, I'm up for that.
Management does not wish to go, so just me and a Morini.
Les
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote: This means that there are half a dozen Morini riders already committed to going next year; will we get up to a higher number than turned up for the inaugural meeting, I wonder? :lol:

Good riding,

CC
I seem to recall only about half a dozen at the inaugural meeting, so there is a good chance. All being well, I will be taking the 2C/375 that made its first visit to The Island in 1982. That year's Highlander gathering featured me doing a lot of jetting and needle position fiddling on the 28mm carbs. I still haven't got it right.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I think we must be up to about 10 bikes now, so it's looking good.

A nice dilemma for me: which 3 1/2 to take? The Strada will also be 40 years old next year, so that would be appropriate, but I think the Sport, a year younger, will be more at home on the Mountain...
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mark;

It has to be the Sport, unless you use the 501 for coping with the boring M6 phase of the journey. Then again, the Strada lets you ride the back roads (and green lanes) in comfort...

Whatever you ride, it's going to be great,

Chris
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I think a 1200 would be more at home on the mountain! Was followed by Gixxr out of the Gooseneck this year. Let him past then accelerated
Was up to 110 before the left... coming out of Kate's accelerated up to 90 then saw the 40 sign and the filth with the hair dryer. 90 to 40 and my brain cell disappearing out of my nose. Great fun and all legal!
morinipablo

Post by morinipablo »

ferry booked
green wheels will be in attendance
see you all there
1979 strada
gsxr 1127 harris magnum
tl 1000s
1982 strada
greenwheels
and a transit for when it all goes wrong
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Viridi;

Good to hear from you - it's shaping up to be a good year in 2015...

Look out for some updates in ATG and we'll be trying to post a little more info on here as well. Currently we have a trip on the August Sunday around the course from the Highlander, and a midday gathering on the sea front at Port Erin (that's the road right down on the front, by the sand, Mike) which is allegedly the same day as the Italian Bike Club meeting. I'd also like to think that we'll get together formally one evening later in the week for a Curry in Douglas, and it'd be good to meet up again to all watch the racing from somewhere (and we'd be open for suggestions on that)

Good riding!

Chris
"I'll use the Morini"