Scarborough fair....

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MickeyMoto

Scarborough fair....

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hello,

I went t' Scarborough yesterday to watch the Barry Sheene Classic races. Some star real roads people there racing.

There were also a few pensioners doing rather well on the racer parade. See Bike Nos 1 and 10. No 10 is a Yorkshire pensioner and No. 1 may have a Morini link. The No. 1 bike sounded gorgeous.

Anyhoo, there were a couple of parades where the Benelli Club, the Laverda Club and the Yorkshire Coast MCC were allowed to play on the track for a couple of laps behind a marshal. Please see the photos in the following link.

http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/micke ... 14/Laverda

As can be seen there was a Morini there. I asked someone from the Auto 66 club about the laps and he said that if the MRC contact the Auto 66 club we can have a stand and a few laps too... apparently all that is required is to sign a disclaimer and to turn up with normal road gear. It is a parade and speed controlled by the travelling marshal. The idea to give the spectators views of the machines being ridden. The one I like is the chap on the '31 Norton.

If anybody is interested I am willing to help organise an MRC stand but need to ask the comm mmiiiittttt eeee first if it is ok.

Mike.