Caldwell 14 from London

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
miciouk

Caldwell 14 from London

Post by miciouk »

Hi Guys, first post ever. I have recently bought a Scrambler 1200 and the chaps at North Leicester Motorcycles whilst doing a great job servicing my bike told me all about. Caldwell day. It sounded fun so I joined last week, got my confirmation number and all. As I will be riding from North London I was wondering if there was anyone else planning the same journey I am thinking of staying in Louth the night before so I am not too tired for the track day however should anyone else have different plans I'd listen. I am even considering hiring a van in which case I could leave the same day early in the morning on the 04/07. Drop me a line if this topic suits you or see you at Caldwell for a fun day.

Ciao

Francesco
SupermotoDave

Re: Caldwell 14 from London

Post by SupermotoDave »

Francesco
The club always recommend travelling the day before( and home the day after) as the day can be very tiring. If you have not done a track day before you will be surprised at how tired you will be at the end, or even by lunch time, and riding or driving a long way home in this condition is not a good idea.
Because of this, many of us stay locally at the free camping for members at the Waggon and horses pub near Louth, where I will be and you are able to spend both evenings talking to members about the bikes and the day, or else at local B&Bs if you are not so hardy.
You will need to be at the circuit between 8 and 9 for signing on and scrutineering, if you are there after this it is extra work for the organisers to try and fit you in.

Cheers
David (the man in the hat running the day at Cadwell)
miciouk

Re: Caldwell 14 from London

Post by miciouk »

Hi David many thanks for your reply. I was not aware there was a camping option. I will definitely take this option which is great news, I was slightly concerned about the logistics / safety of the whole event. I shall look forward to meeting you in Cadwell.

Ciao

Frankie