Horsham Italian Day, April 18th

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MarkB

Horsham Italian Day, April 18th

Post by MarkB »

I've received this invitation for Morini riders to take part in the Horsham Piazza Italia day on Good Friday:

"I organise the Italian motorcycle side of Horsham Piazza Italia, which will be held on April 18th 2014 this year, and I would like to invite a group of Morinis to take part. The plan is to have a ride-out from the starting venue in West Chiltington, then meet up with the Ferraris taking part in the event before having a ride-in to Horsham town centre where the bikes will be on display for 3 hours - giving participants a chance to look at the other Italian-themed activities throughout the town, and enjoy the Italian food and market! The event also raised money for Charities - notably Chestnut Tree House (the only children hospice in Sussex) and the Surrey / Sussex Air Ambulance. Last year we raised almost £800, and that was in the bitterly cold weather! (We recommend that each bike that takes part donates a minimum of £5 to the charity on the day.)

Please note that it's recommended to pre-book for the event, as there's a limit on the number of bikes taking part, and we would certainly love to see some Morinis taking part.

Perhaps you can help? I am also looking for 6 or 7 unique Italian bikes to take part in an additional part of the event in the morning, but the bikes must be ridden whatever the weather (it's only for about a mile through the town and then into the display area. I have one or two bikes already lined up, maybe a Morini could join them?)"

Here's a link to the overall event, which looks like a good day out for all the family: http://www.piazza-italia.co.uk/

If you'd like to fly the Morini flag and stop the Ducatis getting all the attention, drop me a PM and I'll arrange things.

Regards

Mark
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MarkB

Re: Horsham Italian Day, April 18th

Post by MarkB »

the weather's looking good for Horsham's Italian Day tomorrow, and it looks as though I'll be the only Morini in a sea of Duc@tis.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mark;

Are you riding in from Motori di Marino? If so, what time do you aim to be there - might tag along if I can get up early enough...

Hope that the weather holds for this, and the Bristol Italian Day on the Saturday (so many events to ride to!)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hi Chris, I'm not doing the ride-out from Motori di Marino, but everyone's gathering after that at the Hop Oast park and ride/service area off the A24 at 11.30, so I'll meet the others there. Then we do the parade into the town centre (which had to be signed up for earlier.) Hope to see you there. M.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Well, I wasn't alone! Corsaro Chris turned up and gate-crashed the ride-in, and it was a good day; those Ducatis are soooo common! So with a grand total of two Morinis, we flew the flag:

corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Mark;

A great day, although Cappuccino as good as it can be (you being the expert as set out in ATG!) wasn't - unfortunately - on offer where we went.

Good company though, and thanks for arranging - glad that you got back north of the City so quickly... I took it steady and so the mpg of the Corsaro is up to almost 35 now (127 miles before reserve). See you at the AGM, and hopefully the weather will be kind for us there as well,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"