2014 Morini Day - Italy??

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
72degrees

Re: 2014 Morini Day - Italy??

Post by 72degrees »

Jolly good. I was going to book a room at a hotel in Monferrato but I'll hold fire to see what news ATG brings.

We were very lucky with the weather for the Dijon raid in 2012. I know when a few people went to Italy for the Gilera 90th anniversary do in 99 during May they had torrential rain on the way.

Still not ridden the Corsaro yet - perhaps next month!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Pete

Some of us have already made hotel arrangements, and I've got details of local hotels from the Italian Morini club. Do PM me (as can anyone else who's planning to go) and I'll let you have details.

Regards

Mark
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Thanks Mark but Corsaro Chris has been in touch. Hotel booked.

Just realised I may not have renewed my membership - I rely too much on direct debits for such things given my memory. Must sort it out in time to get the latest ATG! Given a membership number < 100 (who has the lowest ? ;) ) I ought to pull my finger out.

By the way. I had my first ride on the acquired on my birthday in December 08 Corsaro on Tuesday. Keeping my licence may be a challenge from now on :)
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Hi Chris
Are you planning to ride down to Italy and which way are you going I assume the high passes won't be open yet?
Sorry Chris I have now read the previous posts properly.
hombre

Post by hombre »

In general I found out that most of the passes are open at the end of may, I always check using this site: http://www.alpentourer.nl/alpenpassen/
It's mainly in German but if it says OFFEN then go! ;)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Butch;

As you'll have seen we're taking it nice and slowly - but we'll probably do mainly auto-route down and then some more interesting roads back up. We're going to have a few days in Macon (that's France) one way, as it's a great wine region and we've never stopped off there... We also hope to spend a few days in Turin, but we are definitely in the Murano area for the three days of the event, as set out in ATG!

Riding down - it'll be on the Granpasso, packed light (I'd love to be able to just take the panniers and leave the top box off, just strapping a rucksack on to the carrier for walking stuff...). An alternative might be the Strada with Swagman swing over panniers, although that limits the miles per day!

It's likely that there will be two o three others riding down, so if you are after some company let us know and we'll see who is around...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I'm going to be at Morano for the event. Quite a lot happening in the hill climb world around then though so I'm aiming at a 10 day window. Leaving home on the Tuesday down to the tunnel and through for a night at Coquelles. An at least partly non autoroute, two stop strategy, (perhaps Troyes and then via that lovely Troyes-Dijon road to somewhere in striking distance of the Petit St Bernard pass or the Frejus tunnel) leaving all day on the Friday to cross in to Italy and reach Morano. Not given so much thought to the route back yet.
Jem

Post by Jem »

Who's riding down? I'm planning to travel there over Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, stay 3 nights then travel back on Monday/Tuesday. It would be good to ride with other Morinistas.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I asked the president of the Italian club if we needed to book tickets, pay for meals, etc, and received this reply:

Ciao Mark,

You do not need to book in advance. We will decide what to eat on the day.
Your participation is more than welcome.

Best regards,

Fulvio

It sounds as though it's going to be a good, relaxed and enjoyable occasion. Who's planning to go? It would be useful to give Fulvio an idea of the numbers. I'm sorry I won't be going myself.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Sorry. For various reasons and also taking in to account my experience of four days away on the Corsaro in France a couple of weeks ago I won't now be going on the trip. Hope you all have a pleasant journey and a fun time in Morano.

I hope to be up to the 2015 Manx trip though on the wee-vee.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Pete;

Sorry to hear that - hope that all is well generally and we'll see you at other MRC events over the summer!

We're both counting down the days to setting off for Italy now, only a week away...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
hombre

Post by hombre »

Nice to have met some of you guys (again, apparently we knew each other from the Dutch rally a few years ago). It was a great meeting, as usual :-) .
Giuliano from the Italian club has uploaded loads of pics here: https://plus.google.com/photos/10177569 ... 5259089313
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

How awas Italia? Do we have to wait for ATG?
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

You've only just had ATG! And I'm still in Italy.
Anyway, my duty is to club members so yes, expect a big article in the next issue or 2, or be at the next BBO section meet, or perhaps Friday night after Cadwell for a slide show.
David
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Italy was warm and fun - good food, wine and company with a few Morini thrown in for good measure... and a great adventure :D

Thanks to all our old friends and to several new ones. Even managed to move the odd product!!!

[img]
With Ing. Lambertini and a rather nice calendar
With Ing. Lambertini and a rather nice calendar
Morini Day 2014 3.gif (1.42 MiB) Viewed 15441 times
[/img]

CC
"I'll use the Morini"