2014 Morini Day - Italy??

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
SoloFrenos

2014 Morini Day - Italy??

Post by SoloFrenos »

Hi everyone, i have decided that next year i need to take a trip on my 350 and have decided that i'm going to go to the Morini Day in Italy. But i know nothing about it!! IE do people camp there or stay in local b & b, do i need a ticket or can i just turn up on the day etc.

I just wondered if there are any members out there who've been and could give me a few details/pointers on what happens, when , were, who to contact etc.

Thanks, Tony
corsaro chris

Re: 2014 Morini Day - Italy??

Post by corsaro chris »

Tony;

The Club is planning a "Border Raid" (term borrowed from another Club...) to the Italian Day in 2014 - so details will be appearing in ATG over the next few months. It's usually held over the last w/e in May at a site next to the River Po between Milan and Turin; I'm sure that others who've been will be along shortly to give you more info...

:) :)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Hmm. I may be forced to hatch a cunning plan.
hombre

Post by hombre »

Hi Tony, the Italian meeting is definitely worth while, and in 2014 they are celebrating their 25th edition.

You can show up on friday afternoon and camp there til monday morning if you want. In general it's eating, drinking and chatting and one or two tours through the hills nearby (which sometimes can be fast depending on the number of Corsarino's joining ;-) )
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Sounds good. Any hotel accommodation nearby? I don't think my old bones would cope too well with camping after three or four days on a bike, though if needs must I can borrow one of my son's super lightweight tents.

I had thought of making the trip on the 2C/375 as it managed Dijon last year, but I've acquired a Corsaro 1200. It will definitely be quicker, but it will it be as reliable? Only a few making adjustments stops were required on the wee vee and one of those was a fluke brake problem brought on by picking up a stone chipping in the caliper.
hombre

Post by hombre »

I think in Trino, which is the next village is a hotel but you'll have to google that to be certain. Or maybe in Casale Monferrato which is a bit further away, but larger so there should probably be something there. On the other hand, if you arrive on friday, you might be lucky to stay in a small community house (run by the local parish), but you won't be alone there... (and bring a mattress)

I think if you can make Dijon on the 2c, Morano shouldn't be a problem. The 1200 is obviously much easier going uphill, but your trip will be three times as expensive in the end :mrgreen:
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Thanks for that Hombre I'll do some research. Got to plan a route first. In some ways I'd really like to go on the little bike but its seat isn't the most comfortable after a few hours. Being tuned (L5 cam 28mm pistons and 375 cylinders) I don't think it uses much less fuel than a 1200 and the tank is much smaller. The Corsaro is bigger to get a tent on to and that means no problem sampling the vino properly on site ;)

I'll make a final decision after riding the Corsaro for a few trips and seeing how the 2C does on its MoT test in a couple of months.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I have booked some annual leave from the Jolly Place-so now need to rake in some £, Brufen and negociate additional release papers from the homestead.
What can possibly go wrong?
hombre

Post by hombre »

3potjohn wrote:I have booked some annual leave from the Jolly Place-so now need to rake in some £, Brufen and negociate additional release papers from the homestead.
What can possibly go wrong?
It all sounds quite adventurous ;)
350-v-twin

Post by 350-v-twin »

Hi All,

Back in 2010 I joined the Italian meeting in Morano-sul-Po. There is plenty of room to camp on the bank of river Po.
Instead, I stayed overnight in a small pension in Trino, some 7 km's away.

See my photo impression of the trip: http://www.motomoriniclub.nl/morano2010.html

Tony K
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Well, we've taken the plunge and organised a holiday around the Italian Morini Day, with a leisurely ride down the week before through France and the Frejus Pass / Tunnel (if the pass is closed?) and an even more leisurely ride back the week after! The only thing that we have to do now is book the three days of the event (Friday, Saturday and Sunday over the last weekend of May).

Camping is available and there is a local hotel (but we're not sure if it's on-site). So it's likely that we'll stay a few miles (5 or 6 kilometres) away and ride in every day; it'll limit the drinking but that might be no bad thing (we've decided that we enjoy our comfort too much to camp)! Once we've liaised with fellow local club members I'll post a link to the hotel* so that others of a like mind know where we are. You can either stay away or join in!

So - now it's back to the annoying electrical fault on the Strada - no electrics if I draw too much current; wise heads at our local section tell me that this is most likely a poor connection at the fuse bus-bar...

Good riding,

CC

*Published in ATG - which will be worked on soon (added 25/1/2014)
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Hmm. The high passes could be closed still in late May. I don't fancy the Mont Blanc tunnel having done it years ago on the Nordwest. I might hedge my bets and look for somewhere to stay on the Thursday night in the Saint-Pierre-dʼAlbigny area. Then I can head for the Petit St Bernard pass or Frejus pass/tunnel as appropriate.

Keep us posted on accommodation near Morano. Alison is probably right when she says I won't cope with camping for three nights ;)
hombre

Post by hombre »

There are a few passes going almost straight to Turin (that you can bypass if you take the road to Pinerolo which is really beautiful), the Montgenevre, and the Col du Mont Cenis. The small St Bernard is nice too, you will end up in the Aostavalley. I have never found them closed around these times (sometimes there's still some snow in the surroundings but in general not on the road).
Last year I did have a scare though when some snow and ice dropped on the road from a tunnel... :shock:
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I see there is a letter from the President of the Italian club on their web site now. Google translation so beware accuracy:

Dear Morini ,
First I'll give you my dearest and most sincere wishes for a Happy 2014 !
We are in the new few days, but here we have already begun
first preparations for our annual meeting , 25 ° Morini -Day, the
large gathering that brings us together every year for a whole weekend ,
allowing us to get together and have fun in the name of our
passion. This year's event will begin as usual on Friday evening, 30
May, but will continue until Sunday evening 01 June, so that we have
way of being even closer together .
During the meeting we will organize as always motogiri and visits to our
Monferrato , all accompanied by great food and good wine
characterize our territory . During the three days there will also be
exposure of specimens vintage Morini , who is single cylinder
twins and Sunday, June 1 ancheuna organize the festival in honor
70 years of great Lambertini Ing .
During the weekend there will also be a very interesting initiative , which
you are all invited to participate . Franco Bergamasco will hold a small course
Theoretical and practical maintenance of our twin-cylinder 350 and 500 , giving
the opportunity to everyone, even the less experienced to learn more about their
means and be able to keep in the best way .
As in past years , we are also happy to re-
confirm the presence at our meeting of the new property Motorcycles
Morini , present in official form, with the range in 2014.
If you want to renew your membership , which as always is 10 euro per member
ordinary and 15 Euros for a supporting member , you can do so via postal c / c No.
25886185 , or Postepay card No. 4023600656600717 , letterhead Fulvio
Surbone Moto Morini Italian club .
Do not miss our great event , 25 ° Morini Day awaits !
I hope to see you soon.
a hug

Anyone know how we go about 'entering' the rally. Do we need to subscribe in advance? I'm looking forward to the next ATG for details.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Pete (and all the other potential participants in this great adventure);

Our secretary, Mark B, is in regular contact with the Italian club, and as you imply all (well, more) will be revealed in the next ATG for Club members... The Italian Club have welcomed our plans to visit, but at some stage we will need to formalise numbers!

Food, wine etc., is available on-site and is dealt with on a pay as you eat basis. If you want to ride one of the new bikes (Scrambler, Rebello...) you'll have to register your interest via e-mail a few weeks prior to the event. I'm also guessing that there is a rally entry fee, but the precise details of that I'll leave to Mark to confirm. The other details of the weekend look to be really interesting, as does the mention of Monferrato as a venue for some activity (which is why its a good venue for staying in - it is some 5 kilometres east of Murano su Po).

All in all it promises to be a great weekend - and hopefully there won't be wall to wall rain on their side of the Alps! 8)

Good riding

CC
"I'll use the Morini"