Cadwell 2013 Thanks

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
WLF

Cadwell 2013 Thanks

Post by WLF »

A big thank you to everyone invlolved in organising the track day this year. Once again it was a cracking day out with loads of track time and nice to see a varied range of bikes. Looking forward to seeing some of the pictures.

Keep up the good work
morini_tom

Re: Cadwell 2013 Thanks

Post by morini_tom »

I second that, yet again a fantastic day. Shame my dart ate a crank oil seal but it didn't ruin my day- wandering the paddock and watching the track action was almost as enjoyable.

I was thrilled to see everything from morini singles to water cooled twins on track, and a mind boggling assortment of non morini. Seeing the Scott in full swing, holding off modern superbikes was a delight too.

I will be updating the morini club website with any trackday photos people care to send me, and will post a link in due course. Those of you observant tech savvy people will have seen a QR code on your scrutineering sticker- scanning that will get you to the page- check in a couple of weeks once I've been able to add some photos.

If you have pictures to send me then please email them to webmaestroATmorini-riders-clubDOTcom

Cheers,
Tom
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Agreed. Excellent day, well organised and one of the best selections of bikes ever. In fact everything was perfect until I was filling up on the way home, and the oil pressure light started to flicker. Yet another rebuild on the cards...................

Pete
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Well looks like i missed a good do .Re oil pressure light-Can often be muck in the switch, so clean it out first.
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Yeah I will. I'm looking at all possible options before starting a dreaded strip down :(
mgelder

Post by mgelder »

I agree; a great weekend; well done to everyone involved in getting it all together and keeping it running so smoothly.

morinipete wrote:Yeah I will. I'm looking at all possible options before starting a dreaded strip down :(
My flickering oil light at Cadwella couple of years ago was caused by a failing switch...
Morini stuff on RealClassic.co.uk: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/profiles.html#morini
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Pete,

Change the oil.... has it thinned by being thrashed in the heat?

If you had an earlier model, these do not have oil lights so you would not know... :)
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Hi,

Many thanks to all the organisers. My first trackday and really enjoyed it. The Track was excellent and both bike and rider survived. Tyres covered about 60-70 miles on the day but looked to have lost about 2,000 miles of life, but well worth it. I had a front and rear camera running so once I have got my editing software working I will post some video.

Regards

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Robin, seen the video. Very nice. I'm the one doing the borderline overtaking about minute two, from the Gooseneck on wards (apologies to the BMW owner :oops: )

On an even better note I cleaned the oil pressure switch and after a gentle 10 mile ride, then a 50 mile thrash (drum roll).............. no oil pressure light coming on :D

My joy knows no bounds. Roll on Cadwell 2014.
WLF

Post by WLF »

Here is the link for the photographer that was there on the day. Some good action shots :!:

http://www.djg-photography.co.uk/Morini ... %20RL.html