Cadwell 2013

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
morini_tom

Cadwell 2013

Post by morini_tom »

Entries are now CLOSED for the 31st Morini Riders Club Trackday at Cadwell Park

Thank you all once again for your support in this unique event. Due, once again to record breaking demand for places, we have now filled all track spaces.

As always, we will operate a reserve list in the event that anybody has to cancel their booking. To get on that reserve list please email trackdayATmorini-riders-clubDOTcom

Please note that this means that there will be no places available on the day for those who have not already booked. You are of course still welcome to come and spectate, wander the paddock and take in the sounds, sights and company for free.

Thanks and A TUTTO GAS!!!
72degrees

Re: Cadwell 2013

Post by 72degrees »

Phew - just got my entry in in time. Thanks to Paul reminding me!
peterc

Post by peterc »

You are of course still welcome to come and spectate,
Is it ok for spectators to camp at Cadwell Tom?
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Peter,

For those wanting to camp at Cadwell, with or without an entry, I will post some information over the weekend.
I need to speak to Cadwell both regarding the record entry and the provisions for camping Thursday & Friday nights.
I'm sure there will be room for all and yes we want as many Morini enthusiasts as possible to enjoy the event.

Regards

Paul
peterc

Post by peterc »

Cheers Paul, would be nice to come up and 'support' the event.
Peter
Emmohaswheelsagain

Hi Peter,

For you and all others who are planning to camp at Cadwell the charge for camping will be £10.00 per person per night.
For this you will have 24hr security (you pay security, if you arrive late) shower block with toilet facilities.
No catering is available on site in the evenings however this may change if enough members decide to stay on site.
Beezumph have a track day on the Saturday and many will come early to take advantage of our event. This will increase
numbers so Cadwell may well decide to extend their catering facilities into the evening.
This is still for discussion so keep an eye on the forum for further details.

Regards

Paul
peterc

Post by peterc »

Thanks for the info Paul, happy to pay £10 a night.
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if the Wagon and Horses is still on this year, or whether the wastes of Cadwell are the only (non-draught, non-keg, no-nothing) option ? Or is it free-style camping in the Morton's car park with some Party Sevens ?

Cheers

Pete
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Ooh !

Just looked on their website www.waggonandhorsesreston.co.uk and it says "Bikers & Campers always welcome". Is that welcome and free ???????

Pete
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

OK, just to add more confusion, I had a look at the Beezumph website. They're on next day and I might stay on for this if still vertical/in one piece/can find the cash (I'll stay on to watch anyway)

They say there is no charge for entry 'or for camping' (which I presume means Friday night as well as Saturday ?) - Look at the 'comments' at the bottom of the page http://tr3oc.co.uk/?page_id=2043

Though you have the option of paying £15 for “Rally Tickets” "which include Rally Badge, food on Saturday evening"

There's may be nothing we can do about it this year, but perhaps it's worth asking for next year (i.e free camping), if Beezumph have been able to agree this ?

Pete
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Cadwell 2013 - Camping

Hi Pete,

Sorry for the delay in my reply but I missed your additional questions.
In short the TR3oc charge their members a rally ticket (£15.00) which includes one free night of camping.
If the member wants to camp Thursday or Friday then the TR3oc will not cover this within the Rally ticket.
As we are all aware nothing is free at Cadwell and the £10.00 per night per person will be applied to all campers.
I also note the club also charge their members £115.00 as opposed to our £95.00 so like for like members of the MRC will be better off.
Regarding food the general consent is that we will go into Louth for a meal and a few drinks on the Thursday/Friday night.
If you let me know I will book you a seat in one of the cars so you don't have to ride into town.

Regards

Paul
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

Hi Paul,

Similarly sorry for my delay in getting back. 'Just been riding over the Khardung La Pass (5,358m) and back in India, which was 'interesting'. I've sent you a PM.

Cheers

Pete
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Less than a week to go:

We have 28 Morini's on track this year. The range of bikes start from the singles of the 50's, 60's & 70's to the Classic & Modern V twins,
Strada's, Sports, Camel, Kanguro and Corsaro. Add to that another 92 classic and modern bikes on track and you have quite a spectacle.

It is free to come in and if you want to camp over it is a very reasonable £10 person per night.

Track sessions start at 10am and go through the day at 20 minute intervals. Come along and meet the club and at the same time see most the Morini models
old and new, out on track and around the paddock.

See you there!

mgelder

Post by mgelder »

[Hops from foot to foot in an excited way]

See you there...
Morini stuff on RealClassic.co.uk: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/profiles.html#morini
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

I am hammering bits back on to the bike as we speak. I've even adjusted the chain and checked the oil level this year so you can see I'm taking it a bit more seriously than usual. Unfortunately I forgot to take the centre-stand off while I had the pipes off (can't get the bolt out now), so the Goose neck will prove as 'interesting' as usual ! Its just as well all the other fast bends are right-handers...................

Pete