Proposed Morini Factory Visit - 2007

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
corsaro chris

Proposed Morini Factory Visit - 2007

Post by corsaro chris »

Guys and Girls;

Looks like we will be visiting the factory late September 2007

If you're interested, post a reply. Several are flying down but I know of several others who would be interested in riding. We'll try to match an interested riders through the Morini Riders Club (but you'll all be members anyway, won't you? 8) )

The plan is to stay in a hotel in Bologna over the Sunday through Tuesday nights, visiting Morini on the Monday. The hotel is mid-priced, close to the railway station and city centre for partners who don't have your interest.. (There are some, apparently!)

Stay tuned for more news....

Oh, and poll if you'e interested but need more info!
corsaro chris

2007 Factory Visit - Latest news at 3rd September

Post by corsaro chris »

The Factory Visit moves forward;

A select group are flying down from Stansted on the 7:30 Sunday morning flight, returning midday Wednesday. The actial visit (confirmed by the factory) will take place on the Monday morning, 24th September [not long now!].

We are staying at a Mecure hotel in Bologna, close to the railway station, which is central for the city and only 15 - 20 minutes from the factory. The hotel currently has spaces remaining, at 115 euros per night for a double / twin rom if paid in advance.

For further details either contact myself, Jem Moore or Dave Marlow.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Chris Webber
Jem

Post by Jem »

Flight & accommodation all arranged!
If you're still thinking about joining the factory visit here's a way to bypass all the faffing around.
Andy Shaw from Norwich very unluckily off-loaded himself on the track at Kings Lynn speedway on Sunday and messed up his knee. This means I have a spare ticket and half a shared room booked at the Mercure for three nights (and a pre-flight B&B at Stansted for the early start).
If you want to know more e-mail me at chairman at morini-riders-club.com.

BTW the flight from Stansted is 7:10am on Sunday
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Well - the Factory visit was a great day out for those that attended!

Morini did us proud, with a guided tour of the Factory that lasted from 10 am until 3 pm, lunch and a meeting with, among others, Mr Morini and Ing Lambertini. Fantastic!

The clubs magazine, ATG, will be running a report on the visit and also some of the stories from the day recounted to us by Morini staff. Will we get another visit organised - on the back of this, we certainly hope so!

Corsaro Chris

:D