Stafford Show

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
George 350

Stafford Show

Post by George 350 »

Hi Everyone,

I know that the club has a stand at Stafford this weekend, but apart from the comitted stand holders, is anyone else going along?
For me, I will be there on the Saturday.

George.
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
72degrees

Re: Stafford Show

Post by 72degrees »

I'll probably go. Looking at the forecast I'd guess on Saturday. Even then I may not use a bike as I may be shopping for bulky items.
John Bunting

Post by John Bunting »

72degrees wrote:I'll probably go. Looking at the forecast I'd guess on Saturday. Even then I may not use a bike as I may be shopping for bulky items.
Hi 72degrees,
That sounds as if a serious project is in hand :roll: :D
Regards
John
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

I am going on Saturday, looking forward to it.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

John Bunting wrote:
72degrees wrote:I'll probably go. Looking at the forecast I'd guess on Saturday. Even then I may not use a bike as I may be shopping for bulky items.
Hi 72degrees,
That sounds as if a serious project is in hand :roll: :D
Regards
John
Heh. Not really. I'm trying to resist the garage vacuum that will be created by selling the lad's YZ125 (it won the NHCA junior championship and was second in the open < 250 class this year but it's on Ebay now). I was tempted by a third GFR in 'project' form but the seller wants way too much for it. The Morini now has a decent front brake again thanks to new stainless caliper pistons and a seal kit so won't need much fettling this winter, unless anyone knows a custom exhaust system place in the West Midlands who could make the stainless 2:1 system fit better.

I do, however, want to lower the YZ250 hill climb bike (been spoilt by riding the YZ450F supermoto) and trat it to a proper 17 x 4.50 rear wheel. Just a chance there may be one in the autojumble. Plus the lad needs new leathers for next year as he is turning in to a bean pole and so I need to be able to carry stuff in case i get lucky.

If it's a really nice day I might go one day on a bike (probably a GFR) to mooch round and go back with the car if a shopping spree happens.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Would love to go but stuck in the South east - working tomorrow - grrrrr.

Need some CEV indicators.......

and a nice 501 motor ......
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

I took the Blade as the Corsaro has been playing up with stalling and missing, same old stuff everyone seems to get once in a while.
The trip down was good, rain until Preston then fine after that.
An amazing amount of people, alot with at least one rust covered item clutched in their hands.
To be honest it was all a little too much, Hein Gerrick left overs going for a few shekels, 70's Japanese stuff in need of serious work going for 1000's.
There was a Corsaro for £1500 that didn't seem too bad, it looked to me as if it was all there, but who am I to say, as a Morini novice. I felt is was quite a trim little thing. An Italian import perhaps as there was no reg on it.
I'd had enough after an hour, fighting through the bargain hunters, so I left and had an enjoyable trip back up to Kendal and over Shap, getting back early enough to enjoy a pint with Chris, the wife.
Pity the GP was red flagged before the outcome was finalised.
It's been 2 years since I last went, that time a Jag driver reversed into my newly rejuvenated CB750. Slightly better this time, but not much. Just glad I didn't drive the car down. Getting to the show ground on a bike is the only way, unless you need a load of bits.
What's the next adventure on the Morini calendar?
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Somebody mention Calendar? They'll be printed shortly, not in time for Stafford though...

Pie Night in Reading is probably next (November); it'll be in the next ATG - on it's way to Members as I write (according to Mr Editor). I was on the bike Saturday as well, but to the showground in Peterboro, not Stafford. Misty start but sun out by eleven; and 120 miles on 13.8 litres - I think that's a record on the Corsaro :D

Good riding!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

Chips1953 wrote:There was a Corsaro for £1500 that didn't seem too bad, it looked to me as if it was all there, but who am I to say, as a Morini novice. I felt is was quite a trim little thing. An Italian import perhaps as there was no reg on it?
Prices are on the up, but I thought that was pretty steep. I've seen similar bikes at Kempton Park autojumble for much less, but Stafford does tend to exibit high prices.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
George 350

Post by George 350 »

Hi All again,

"Well done", and from one club member at least, a big "Thank You" to the guys who put up the stand and supplied bikes for the weekend. I thought the stand looked good, especially when you consider how small the MRC is when compared to something like the Norton Owners. Didn't give their stand more than a cursory glance as it appeared fenced off to visitors. (NOC comparison is valid for me as I also have a Norton 650 and am a member of that club.)
Was good to call in and meet some more owners and put faces to names.
As "Chips" said it was too crowded to really enjoy. Nice to hear the MV -4 being run up in the paddock area though.
Was it worth £12? hmmm, not too sure, but i did get more bits to move the Strada restoration forward so in reflection the answer is probably a Yes.

George.
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Congratulations to the show team seconded. Seemed like a steady stream of interested people being given useful advice.

I went in the car hoping to find wheels or rims for the winter project but the only ones near requirements were for a CCM. It was so crowded I left early as I knew how long it would take to get out of the car park.

Found a pair of reasonable MX style gloves and as I got in at the 'Senior Citizen's' rate I was happy enough. Had a chat with Bob Wright which was necouraging on the Gilera GFR 125 unobtainium front.

I do wonder about what some people spend hours and a fortune on restoring to show condition, but each to their own I suppose.
buell1203

Post by buell1203 »

Not too sure if it is just me but I feel it is getting a bit stale? Yes it is a big show but it can be overwhelming. I have missed one event over the past 15 years or so and felt I had really missed out yet when there I find myself wondering why I bothered!

If that sounds unfair on those who make huge efforts to set up stalls and displays then I apologise. It is not a criticism,more a reflection on my view of motorcycling perhaps?

I saw the corsaro mentioned. The Irish vendor asked 1500,I walked away. What is happening? We are in a recession yet high prices are asked for things like this which would probably cost the same again to renovate.

There was another morini for sale but that was only 850. A bit more reasonable.

Am I a grouch? I really do not know!
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

buell1203 wrote:Am I a grouch? I really do not know!
My idea is that the forum is to air your views. if that's what you feel then be honest and say so.

How else can we understand the market place, the state of motorcycling and the opinion of motorcyclists?

We surely don't come to the forum because it's boring.

I've found Morini now so it's of interest to me, good news to be interested in something that sparks enthusiasm.

God bless us all.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
buell1203

Post by buell1203 »

Too true.

My attitude to the show will not stop me attending. I rode approx 200 mls that day so the issue is not motorcycling per se,more likely the state of play within the trade.

It is expensive taking a stand or stall at Stafford hence traders have to inflate their prices or lose out,I just find it all disappointing.

I had a good chat at the morini stand and one or two others but apart from that did very little. I didn't even buy anything this year.

I heard a few old timers chatting as I prepared to leave. One made similar comments to me. His friend said "yea but where else can we see so much in one place". I suspect like me they will be back in march.

I also gave a strangerin the parking area my advance ticket as I left. Staff had not asked to see my ticket on entering.he was new to the show and commented on how it's great that motorcyclists still help each other out.it was good to see such excitement and enthusiasm.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Great I'm with you, remember when it was so exciting to go to a MC venue and it was full of enthusiasm, is it age or have we seen to much consumerism getting into everything.
The trip to Dijon was very good, a novel experience on the continent. I'll try to go to do something similar next year.

Cheers.

Where are you Micky?Moto
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965