Tea and Cakes

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
SupermotoDave

Tea and Cakes

Post by SupermotoDave »

For any of you who read Benzina Magazine, next Saturday is the last Tea and cakes gathering of the year down on Salisbury plain. We are hoping to get a few Morinis there as we did last year even though ATG has not been able to publicise it.
I f you are interested then you can check out the main details via the team benzina website http://www.teambenzina.co.uk

who knows what will turn up there and it's nice and relaxed.

Cheers
David
3potjohn

Re: Tea and Cakes

Post by 3potjohn »

I was wondering about this.Today even as I passed right through West Lavington on my way from Exeter to Swindon and back. Plenty of wet about but fortunately i was hiding behind the German Fairing again.Weather may be much better next Saturday i gather.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi David;

Count me in - as long as that doesn't put any others off...

I'll be on the Morini, which one will depend on the whether (i.e. - whether its' got any fuel in or not...) :wink:

Any others going from the east - do we want to meet up at Wantage as per last year; there are some great roads down to Devizes area from there, whatever sort of Morini you're on!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I am thinking of making the journey from the Tundra. I may see if my Jota friend wants to come too.

I can't find the address on the Benzina site. Is it easy to find?

Mike.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I might have to miss it this year, sadly. Having been last year, it's a heartwarming event in lovely countryside and thoroughly recommended.

Cheers, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

Address and directions from Greg

Pick a route in from http://www.teambenzina.co.uk/rides-teas-and-cakes/ which will either

(a) land you on the B3098 at Easterton High Street - between the church and the pub is Kings Road, signposted village hall and Easteron Sands. Follow it for about a mile, sticking to the tarmac. Post box on your left? We're next on the right, less than 100m on

(b) land you coming off the A360 towards Easterton on an unclassified road. Under railway bridge, up hill, turn left opposite lodge house with blue tower (!) into Kings Road. On about a mile BEARING RIGHT rather than taking the "straight ahead" turn to Easterton Sands. Spot the Easterton sign? Then we're third on the left. Get to the post box, you've gone too far

If all else fails - Lower Heath Ground , 24 SN10 4PX - 01380 812176

It is polite to email and let Greg know if you are coming, enquiries@teambenzina.co.uk

David
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

HI All,

For those of you who didn't go last year I can recommend a visit.
Greg and his wife are perfect hosts and the ride down will be delightful.
Unfortunately I can't make it this year so I will have to satisfy myself with a short ride out over the Lincolnshire Wolds instead of the beautiful Lambourn Downs.
Have a good day and pass on my regards to Greg and his wife.

Regards

Paul
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I can't go now, as got to head further into the Tundra for the weekend.

I will get there next year.....

Must renew my subscription to Benzina, too.
RHThomas

Post by RHThomas »

I'm planning on going. Especially as Greg is only 15 miles away from me...

It was a great afternoon last year.

Cheers,
Robin
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Go to the Benzina blog and there are 2 Morinis in the photo... the Gran Passo is easy to attribute.... :)

Apparently no Ducatis turned up....
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Lovely day Saturday; five Morinis there plus lots of Guzzis, a Benelli, MV and even one Suzuki. No Ducati though?

What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon, and well done to John from Devon who had to cope with a nail in the tyre as well as riding up from Exeter...An inner tube and a new tyre offsets the pleasure of those great cakes somewhat! Great to see Roy and his mate as well as Robin (who must be almost local). Some great roads to ride as well as the company, and as ever Greg and Joanne made us most welcome; he's even bought a little Morini as a garden run around for the children. Look out for a picture or two in the next copy of ATG.

We'll have to meet up again next year (wishing the days away again) but there's still lots to do this autumn, and the BB&O section has it's own version (Pie Night) in November as well...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"